Monday, July 26, 2010

You're tied to your desires

Oh goodness. Today's been a bit disappointing. I found out what insurance is doing with my car, and it's not the best it could have been, but I guess it's not the worst either. The money doesn't matter to me, nor does a company paying for my car getting fixed. It's just the people and the lies that bother me the most.



Shirt: Nordstrom Rack, Jeans: UO, Sandals: Steve Madden, Belt: other shorts

I've been thinking a lot lately about people and why some people are "good" and some "bad." The reason my car damages aren't getting paid for in full is because the other person chose to lie about what happened and say that I was the bad driver. When I got upset, my mom said to me "That's what happens with car accidents. You'll very rarely find someone willing to take responsibility for what they did." I feel like my trust in people to do the right thing is waning more and more. When I responded to my mom that I would have taken responsibility. She just said "Well, that's you."



If I had to name one of my biggest character flaws, I would certainly say that I'm too sensitive. People yell at me for it all the time, tell me to lighten up, and that there's nothing I can do about whatever I'm upset about. This is one of those times. Contrary to what everyone in my house currently thinks, I'm not upset about insurance. I'm upset about people being to self-interested to take responsibility and lighten someone else's load.




Sorry this post is a bit of a downer, but I really wanted to get all of this out and try to put it behind me. I appreciate you reading <3

Also, my headband giveaway ends tonight, so if you haven't entered yet there are a few hours left.

Until tomorrow,
Nicole <3

11 comments:

  1. oh i am sorry. i do not understand some people. all i can say is Karma. i love this outfit..very folk/70s vibe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I love your outfit. It's so seventies and I love the floral blouse with a passion :)

    Your story reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine. She was hit by a woman who decided to turn left in a straight only lane. I was driving right behind my friend and saw the whole accident happen. When the police officer came they both said what happened and it was decided that it was the other woman's fault. Later on the woman lied to the insurance company and said it was my friend's fault. Instead to taking her lies and paying my friend is taking the woman to court, and is about to go, about a year after the accident and is really empowered by this experience. I don't know if you are able to, but I would fight them and what they are saying. I wish you the best

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, hope you sort out insurance/car issues soon.

    I do love your pretty floral top though.

    Just letting you know as well that i'm hosting a giveaway and would love for you to enter: http://trishiekoh.blogspot.com/2010/07/norfolk-knitted-bow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the insurance company. I'm like you; I'll never understand how people can't just live honest lives. I really am a firm believer in karma though, and people who do ugly things to others live ugly lives, and they have no one to blame but themselves. You seem to have a good outlook on the situation, which is great. I hope everything works out for the best!

    Love that top; I've been looking for a floral button down shirt and haven't been able to find one I really like yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ridiculous to me how people can act like that-- we're all just people, and when I hear stories of others who lack common curtousey or integregrity... it's just disappointing. Best of wishes always.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your floral top! it's so cute!

    i am a naive and trusting person as well. i just can't comprehend why some people would choose to lie and do bad things. but whether we like it or not, that's the way the world is. i really hope this doesn't destroy your upbeat personality though! everything will be okay, you'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheer up girl

    well to all those people who took advantage of others , 'what goes around comes around'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same. I always expect people to do the right thing; I always think that sooner or later their conscious will get the best of them and they will regret their actions. But no. That rarely happens these days.
    What you can do, is to stop thinking of other people and start thinking about yourself more. As long as you do the right thing, nothing else matters. That's the why I see things, or at least try to see things.
    Hope I helped, in any way.

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep going on, girl! And being sensitive isnt wrong at all, but you still hv to know the right time and situation of showing and keeping it by yourself ;) XO, BarbieJunk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm sorry to hear about your car story. gosh, i hate those kind of people, liars and all. i believe in Karma, so it'll go back to them.

    anyway, i hope you'll fix the problem soon. by the way, you look really pretty with your floral top and pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that about your car :(
    Anyways, i love your hair. It's sweet.
    Kisses.
    † http://julia-louise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!