Saturday, July 24, 2010

There is nothing as lucky, as easy, or free

I can't believe I wore tights yesterday. Seriously. I think today may be the hottest day of the summer so far. So crazy!



Top: H&M, Skirt: Forever 21, Sandals: Nordstrom, Belt: NY&Co, Bag: UO

I spent a lot of today driving. To my school, to stores, to anywhere. When I first got my license about a month and a half ago, you couldn't get me away from the steering wheel. I would jump at the chance to drive anywhere you needed to go, or didn't need to go for that matter. Since my accident though, I've been quite comfortable in the cozy little passenger's seat.



Immediately after my accident, staring in disbelief at my disfigured driver's side door, I assured everyone, including myself that I was not afraid to drive. I would get behind the wheel again no problem. This was not my fault, so what was there to discourage me? But as time went on, and I didn't drive, I grew comfortably passive, and uncomfortably fearful.




Today, though, I reluctantly pulled myself into the driver's seat. I started off insecure. Triple checking for oncoming traffic before proceeding through those intersections and green lights. But as I successfully thwarted highway on ramps, impatient and reckless drivers, and double parked cars I could feel myself regaining the confidence I unknowingly lost. I remembered why driving made me feel free, rather than trapped. It's a good feeling.



Thanks for reading my whole driving saga. I know it's not fashion related, but it's me related, and I want this blog to be one-hundred percent what's running through my mind.

On another note, my headband giveaway is open until Monday! So don't forget to enter if you haven't yet :)

Until tomorrow,
Nicole

7 comments:

  1. You are adorable, and I love all of your outfit posts. :)

    PS: I was in a car accident with a friend, she was driving, and it was pretty bad. This was bout a month ago, and to this day, I still get sweaty palms whenever I'm not driving. I'm a tad more jumpy when in cars as well. :/

    Love Love,
    Amber Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i'm so glad you've regained some confidence while driving :) it'll get better with time! i love that yellow skirt--it's such a wonderful color and it brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your yellow skirt! It's so adorable and happy. :D and you wore tights yesterday?! They are very blue tights, but still, I can't believe you did that! Crazy girl. :)

    Awww, well I'm glad you are having an easier time driving now. I've been rear-ended twice and only been driving (with a license) for a year. Yeah, I'm still really paranoid about driving and think I'm cursed, yet I still like driving my parents around, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about driving. I haven't even gotten my license yet (have my permit, barely use it) I've been scared of cars ever since my friend and I got into a bad accident senior year of high school. I know it's been FAR too long to still feel insecure about being in cars, but they scare me so much to this day. I'm planning on learning how to drive and getting my license by the end of the summer. I predict a lot of tears and hesitations about going onto the road, but I think I'll get over it. I know that once I get the hang of it, I'll laugh at how silly I've been all these years being afraid of something that so many do every day and come out unharmed. I'm happy for you that you're going back out there on the road! It gives me hope that I can do it too :)

    Anyway, another totally cute outfit. Such a happy yellow! And it's paired so well with stripes; great look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just in an accident, actually a few days after I read about yours on your blog. I wasn't driving, but I get so nervous when people are driving. I clutch to the door or I think that the car is swerving. I haven't driven since because it was my sister driving and we shar a car, but I hope to get back in the driver's seat and gain my confidence back like you did. :)

    The Girl in the Paper Dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and the outfit is adorable. I haven't seen navy and yellow together in a while, but it remeinded me why I love that color combo so much!

    The Girl in the Paper Dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. the yellow skirt is a good statement dear :) i love the way u dressed ... ur totally confident :D

    btw want to exchange link & follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!