Friday, July 23, 2010

You couldn't keep the great unknown from making you mad

Hello there! Today was such a nice day. Not only was it a few degrees cooler, allowing me to wear tights, but I also got to go to lunch with a few of my favorite people, some of whom I haven't seen in ages. It's really nice to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while. That relief when conversation carries on exactly the way it always used to is such a nice feeling.



Dress:Little store in San Francisco (max factor?), Tights: Macy's, Boots: UO

I picked up this little number at a boutique in San Francisco. For some reason, I had such a strong desire to pair this dress with my bright blue tights. So, when I checked the weather shortly after I woke up to see rainy (boo!) and 76 (yay!), I knew I couldn't miss my opportunity.




So, I took these pictures in front of my house since it was rainy and I didn't want to trek too far. And while they look like normal pictures, I realized that when you look closely, you can see the plethora of strange items my dad's purchased over the years to adorn the lawn. I figured I would label them for you



It's pretty ridiculous, but I guess our lawn has....a sense of character, that other lawns just don't have!

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway! The contest ends monday, so be sure to enter in the post below!

Until tomorrow,
Nicole :)

7 comments:

  1. I love the dress with the blue tights. and the little creatures in your yard are cute =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my..it was SOOOOO hot here today. i am jealous you are wearing tights..!! i love that dress with blue tights. i def do not own those color tights and i like how you styled it..i might have to get me some. i love that dress..i was thinking about getting it and it looks so lovely on you, your tempting me...have a good weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole outfit is so great! I can't get over how awesome those boots are; they're like, 1800's prairie girl but look tough and cool and modern at the same time. It was unbearably hot here today, yet again. I think tomorrow it's supposed to be over 100 degrees...I'm pining for autumn. I know what you mean about fitting right back into regular conversation with old friends. My best friend is home right now, and I only get to see her twice a year now but when she comes home it's like she never left. I think that's how you know you're supposed to be friends, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress, I love how it looks with your blue tights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so adorable! you combined the pieces so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your boots are mad, me likey :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!