Sunday, July 11, 2010

Down by the Pier

Hello! Today's been such a busy day! We went down to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, and it was incredibly crowded. The whole pier was swarming with people and scents of delicious food. While I'm really not much for crowds, today was a lot of fun and I got to experience a lot of really cool things.

First, my boyfriend and I rented bikes and rode them up and down the Oakland Pier



Then we headed over to Fisherman's Wharf, where we went to the aquarium and saw some waving starfish



Then we walked along the boardwalk and saw a ton a seals. They were being silly and laying on top of each other



Then we headed to this old fashioned arcade with tons of cool things. We played a racing game



And took old fashioned photo booth pictures



Then we headed to boudin bakery to get some sourdough bread. We saw a few extra cute loaves...



Eventually we went to Ghiradelli Square where we bought chocolates and I took an outfit photo



Shorts: Levi's, Tights: Macy's, Shoes: Report, Shirt: H&M, Trench: H&M

Such a busy day! My feet are so achy, and I'm going to lay down and rest. Tomorrow is going to be a pretty calm day in comparison to this one. I'm pretty sure we're going to be doing some shopping, and I'm hoping to find a good pair of jeans since it's been much colder than I expected here.

Hope you're all having lovely weekends!

-Nicole :)

5 comments:

  1. I love piers, there is something really cool about them, the smell,the fact that they are close to the sea, also they always remind me of that show "The O.C" (I loved that show).
    well, I love your shoes. They are so pretty and they are red, which is always a plus in my book.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay.

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute outfit! i absolutely love that trench.hope your having a good time on your trip! ive always loved california (minus all the earthquakes and forrest fires)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seals are so cute! And I want red shoes like you (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red shoes! Yay I love the Pier! I'm so glad you guys got to go down there, it's so much fun! The vintage arcade is one my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trench. I so wish I could shop at H&M more than when I'm not on vacation. They need to start building in Texas!!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!