Friday, July 9, 2010

So Glad to Meet You, San Francisco

Hello! So, today was my first full day in San Francisco and it's absolutely amazing. Yesterday, we arrived here after an actually lovely flight. I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be, and surprisingly had a good time. Today was spent running around to a bunch of places in San Francisco. This city is so beautiful! I figured I would show you my day through pictures, since I'm a little exhausted at the moment. So,

First, we walked around by the Oakland Pier, which is close to our hotel. We saw some palm trees



and sat on a bench!



Then we headed into San Francisco, where we had some tea and then rode a carousel near the Metreon. I rode a giraffe, of course



Then we headed to Japan Town where we shopped in wonderful, cute stores. I even found this little guy



Found some adorable greeting cards



Then we headed over to the Castro, which was beautiful. I've always wanted to see it



We did a ton of driving around town trying to find Lombard Street (which we did eventually drive down and it was fantastic). I was so fascinated by the houses here, they're so beautiful!



We went to Haight Ashbury to do some shopping. There were some amazing boutiques and thrift stores that I didn't get to visit, but I believe we're going back there soon. We did, however, do some shopping in the Amoeba





We ended the day at a lovely Moroccan restaurant. It was dark and cozy, so I don't have any really good pictures. Tomorrow's going to be a bit more laid back I believe. I think we're going to do a bit of shopping, and maybe go to a museum. I'm excited!

PS: Dress: Urban Ourfitters, Sweater: H&M, Tights: Macy's, Shoes: Steve Madden, Belt: Target

-Nicole :)

9 comments:

  1. i love your shoes. i want those but just have never got them! looks like your having a wonderful time...i LOVE San Fran. its so wonderful..(except the last time i was there, i got food poisoning..not very fun & then i had to sit on a 10hr plane ride...lol.) Have Fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your shoes and your outfit is adorable! :)
    it looks like you're having so much fun in san francisco, i haven't been there in year! take more pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay glad you're enjoying yourself in SF! Wow you've been to a bunch of places! I feel like I've lived here all my life and haven't seen as much as you have in one day! Haha hope you have a fun vacation! You should check out Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 if you have time, it's my favorite spot in town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE your shoes! the pink is just perfect!

    also -- i saw in your profile one of your fave books is death of salesmen ... i love that book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SF is SOOO cool! I hope you enjoy your stay there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog, too cute<3

    Come visit me sometime!

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you had a wonderful time!!
    I love your outfit, the shoes are fantastic.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,what a nice trip... i love that card..so unique..did you buy it??
    anyway u wear such a lovely outfit... i love ur dress, ur yellow cardigan, and ur shoes....absolutely cuteee....^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally adorable outfit! I can't believe you were wearing tights; I always imagined most of California is hot all the time. Someday I must go and see for myself. Bright Eyes <3 Are you in love with Conor Oberst too? haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!