Saturday, July 3, 2010

Anchors Away

Incase you needed anymore evidence that I am both a sailer and a grandma, may I present to you this outfit.



Yes, those are pull on capris with tiny anchors all over them. Yes, I'm wearing them. Let me begin with a few shallow attempts to justify these pants to society. A few days ago, I was in Sears, and absolutely everything seemed to be on sale. From across the room, I spotted these babies. All I could see was a cute nautical print, not that they were in the grandma's section, or that the waist was sky high, or that they were elastic waist. Just some cute anchors. They were very reasonable, and not to mention the most comfortable pants in all the world, so I decided to purchase them.




Then the question of how to style them came up. Oh, boy. After trying on a plethora of navy, white, red, and even floral (mistake) tops, I decided on a simple red top that wouldn't take away from the glory of these nautical grandma pants.



These pants represent a huge reason that I love fashion. Sometimes, you fall in love with an article of clothing, like, oh I don't know, a pair of pull on anchor capris that may or may not be sold with a matching shirt, that just...isn't quote fashionable unquote. But that article of clothing is fantastic, so you buy it anyway. Then there comes the challenge of making said item presentable to society, and that challenge is so fun and rewarding, because you put together combinations of clothes you would have never thought of. Then, you get the opportunity to wear your creation, your unique creation, outside, in the real world. And some may look at you and think you're a stupid idiot, and whisper to their walking partner to look over at that girl, wearing ANCHOR PANTS. But it doesn't matter, and you don't care, because you, my friend, are rocking that unique article of clothing and you're happy with who you are.



I probably won't update tomorrow, so I hope you all have a wonderful fourth of July and take the time to wear the hell out of your anchor pants.

-Nicole :)

6 comments:

  1. oh girl you wear them with pride. i love them! i would totally buy them..i really want a skirt from talbots with sailbots on them!!! i love anything with random objects on them!! happy 4th of july!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print as well. I mean, who doesn't love a good anchor print. All that matters is that you love them and feel great in them.
    I really like your blog, by the way. I'm seeing it for the first time and I like it.

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those capri pants are amazing! I love the anchor print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo print love!!! loooove the capri's lady!
    xo,
    claire
    mamushka marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my- I can't tell you HOW much i love this. It's perfection!! Pattern mixing is absolutely delightful and you rock it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!