Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Repeat Offender


Hello there! What's that you ask? Am I wearing the same tights as I was in yesterday's post? And is my color scheme identical? Why yes, thank you for noticing! What can I say, when I find something I like, I stick with it. I've wanted tights this color for a long time now, so apparently now that I've got them, I'm never letting them go. And wearing them, like, all the time. Something about rich purples and chocolatey browns feels really cozy and autumnal right now. And since we're on the verge of winter, I figure I should do this while I can! (Though I'm sure I'll still wear the same colors even when it turns "officially" winter).


So, these photos are flashy indoor photos (I know realize the phrase "flashy photos" makes it sound like I'm posting slightly inappropriate, not at all modest pictures, but that's not what I mean really) because I, being a big wimp, wimped out on my opportunity to take outdoor pictures. In my poor defense, it was cold and mildly drizzly and I just wanted to get to the library to snuggle up on a semi-comfortable lounge chair. And so, since I indeed wimped out, I get grainy photos that make me look a little like Casper the ghost (thought at least I'm a ghost in cute boots?). Anyway, as my high school biology teacher would say, I have a "metric crap ton" of work to do, as this begins the final three weeks before the end of the semester, and I've got a lot to get done in less time than I would ideally like. I'm really looking forward to Christmas for obvious reasons, as well as just winter break over all because I'll get the opportunity to just do what I want for a month, which includes scoping out nice, scenic places to take outfit pictures in my neighborhood, as opposed to my front porch or the brick wall of a random apartment complex three blocks from my house.

Dress/ Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Sweater: Old Navy
Belt: Delia's
Boots: Urban Outfitters
Tights: Hue
Leaf Hair Clip: DIY





Until tomorrow,
Nicole

10 comments:

  1. I really like this colour scheme so I'm happy to see it back again. I love the pop of yellow from your hair clip too, I'm so sad I never got to wear your headband in the summer, I may try and winter style it in the snow but that would mean removing the bobble hat I have attached to it 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I always repeat color schemes. I have no problem with it! haha. In fact I like to wear my favorite colors all the time.

    I also had a tough time taking photos today because of the cold and wet weather. Luckily I found a bridge to stand under and those photos will make it onto the blog in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I actually wouldn't have noticed unless you said something. But eeyyyy, that is a good color scheme for you. ;) I wear too much black and red. Cute cute skirttt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I repeat color schemes all the time...red, navy, white for me. But seriously these colors looks gorgeous on you. I love, love, love that skirt as well the headband and boots. I took photos outside yesterday and was chilled to the bone. I ended up having the same wide-mouthed chattery tooth look in all my photos - oops, I should have stayed in like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great color scheme though!! And those are wonderful tights too! And I love the leaf clip!! Super cute! My post tomorrow will have "flashy" photos too! ;) Good luck with the workload!! I would definitely like to get bolder with my own locations too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors! you shouldn't worry about that. :) aghh the sunset beat us both! better luck tomorrow.

    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole,

    I am so lucky to have a friend in you. You always find just the perfect things to cheer me up. Woe is me! Anyhow, I just wanted to share the love miss.

    And can I add that I'm in love with your hair? No exaggeration, you have my dream hair. I'm too much of a pansy to chop my locks off, so I'll admire from afar. And as for the outfit-- I love those colors together.. You are gorgeous. I love you.

    -Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit! The colors are so pretty!

    I was wondering if you wanted to join in on the Christmas swap im having on my blog?

    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. DEFINITELY one of my favorite outfits of yours. Do I say that too much? I just like a lot of them :) But I'm obsessed with my burgundy tights, too. Methinks I might wear them tomorrow for teaching actually....thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heya, why don't you send me an email and we can talk about it there.

    mari3col3@gmail.com

    Thanks you for joining!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!