Friday, November 12, 2010

The Moon Never Beams Without Bringing Me Dreams



I think this hat will always be associated with Edgar Allan Poe for me. Not only did I see a play about Poe the weekend I got the hat, but the hat itself kind of has an 1800's feel to me, and I'm a big fan of that! I've been talking all week about my style being ALL OVER THE PLACE and worrying that I'll never find a personal style and all that, but today I felt so right in my outfit. I guess it took a week of inadvertently dressing in really different looks to figure out what I really wanted? I don't know. But I do know that one of the reasons I started this blog was to get a better sense of what I like and what I don't like, how I want to dress and how I don't want to dress, so I suppose it's working!

So, I didn't do all that much today, but I knew that I wanted to wear this outfit! I thought of it yesterday and when I saw that it actually looked like I hoped it would, I just had to wear it immediately. I actually lost my over the knee socks from American Apparel (they're probably in someone else's sock drawer, but I'm too lazy to look for them), but I really wanted to wear them today. So, I made a pair of my own out of some knitted tights that I don't wear anymore. I was quite proud, even if they fall down every now and then :)

Sweater: Goodwill
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Over the knee socks: DIY
Shoes: Steve Madden
Hat: Modcloth










I hope you all have wonderful weekends,
Nicole

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet outfit! I adore that sweater! I just found your blog through Amanda's & I'm a new follower (on bloglovin').

    xx
    Michal

    http://a-north-country-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I freaking have to try this sweater over a skirt/dress look! It's adorable on you! That sweater has such a sweet and unique print. Love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater looks so cozy and warm! If you get too sick of your socks falling down, try sewing some elastic into them OR if you're lazy (like me) slipping a rubber band/hair tie onto it and rolling it down to cover :) I used to do this all the time whenever my school tights got runs in them. It makes it much easier to change into sports uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is about the cutest thing ever, nicole! i LOVE the hat...and just everything about this!

    you look beautiful. :)

    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed you made your own over the knee socks! I need to get on that. I love the look and that it gives more coverage on the leg with a short skirt, but I just haven't been to the store in a while (and that's probably a good thing, haha).

    Ps - So jealous you went to a play! I miss going to those things.
    Have a great weekend pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Poe hat is way awesome. I love it. :) I also love how your belted your sweater and how you've got sucks under your boots! Adorable layering. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so so cute.
    i love the sweater. it looks so cozy..i am going to have to look harder at goodwill for some good finds.
    have a wonderful weekend love.
    xoox

    ps. i took your button. it is so adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. one thing is for certain. . .it is always awesome to associate things with Edgar Allan Poe! Very amazing. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute!! I love the hat, and I think its so awesome when things get stories attached to them (like going to see a play about Poe)! And I've thought you have a great personal style since I started reading your blog!! And how fun that you made some DIY over the knee socks! (I need to find some, DIY or not, that fit... oh well eventually I will).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is adorable, I absolutly lvoe your hat and shoes though! :) Personal style always takes a lot of experimenting. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute :) LOVE this skirt, and thrifted sweaters!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the cutest quirky vintage style...soooo unique and sooooooo cute!!! I'm quite jealous of this sweater...great thrifting find :)

    I'm your newest follower!

    <3 Cambria
    http://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit is perfection! I love that sweater - so sweet. You look gorgeous lady. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh
    cute sweater
    and I love your hat
    don't worry
    you look way cuter than Poe ;)

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this!! it's the perfect mix of masculin/feminin :) you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous, I love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!