Monday, November 1, 2010

Memory Lane


Today, I met up with a friend who I haven't seen in way too long and we decided to visit our old high school. This sort of thing seems so normal to me, but to a lot of you I'm sure the prospect of visiting your high school is kind of weird. I've talked about this before I think, but my friends and I were attached to our high school by the hip, and so we grew really close to some of the teachers there who we still talk to. So every now and then we make a visit to catch up. I have to say, it felt a little strange being back there. We're not the freshly graduated batch anymore and a lot of people have just forgotten who we are. But it was really wonderfully talking with our favorite teachers again. It's nice to feel that there will always (or at least for a while) be a few close mentors I have that will be there to listen to me and laugh with me when college freaks me out ( a frequent occurrence).

Oh goodness, speaking of school, I've got a busy two weeks ahead of me work-wise. My biggest goal this week is to get one of my papers done and memorize my poem for Wednesday. It's really not the memorizing part that bothers me, but the reciting part. Let's hope that goes well! Also, this weekend is my birthday weekend! Which should be fun, except for the two papers due right after it, but I'm hoping for some good times catching up with friends and eating a Fudgy the Whale cake, even though I have a fear of whales. I even got my birthday dress in the mail today and I can't wait to wear it!

Top: Delia's, Caridgan: Salvation Army, Jeans: Levi's, Shoes: Mom's




Until tomorrow,
Nicole

8 comments:

  1. Awe, that does sound fun to go back to your high school!~ I hope I'll be able to go back without it being weird. :) You look super cute, I love the cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having to recite things for classes and it was soooo nervewracking! The weird part is that I used to do a lot of theater but for some reason once I was off of the stage and in a different settings it was like a whole different ball game. eep! also, your cardigan is so great--i love the buttons especially!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with school! i feel the same way about reciting things, eep!
    cute outfit! <3

    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love your cardigan!!! i have been wanting to find a green one thrift shopping for ages, still looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so in love with that cardigan! it's such a pretty color! good luck with all your school work! i really can't wait for it to be winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty colors on your top. Great casual (yet stylish) outfit.

    Call Me Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog!my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you like it...follow me!I wait you and your importante fashion tips!^^

    Now there is a giveaway (a pretty present for my followers!) on my blog and you can win an accessory of SOCUTE! http://glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/2010/11/first-giveaway-socute.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've definitely felt kind of odd the few times I've been back to visit my old schools! But this outfit is super cute! I love the print on the top, and the cardigan is just wonderful too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!