Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dressing For The Season


Hello there! So, I decided: I am definitely over winter. I think part of the reason I'm having trouble putting outfits together these days is because I want to wear spring clothes, but it's just a bit too cold for them! This outfit is kind of a seasonal compromise of sorts, I suppose. Since I couldn't wear full on spring attire, I decided I should at least wear colors that make me feel like it's warm outside. Then, another problem arose though: tights! I in no way wanted to wear tights with this outfit, but there were two issues with that: my legs are seriously hair city (tmi? I have no regrets) and this outfit just didn't need them! It was so springy that I almost tricked myself that it was warm out. Luckily I found these super thin, pastel tights that matched my top, and ultimately surrendered to the weather. It was nice, though, to at least look like spring despite the disagreeable temperatures.

I also just wanted to mention a few things! I got a few new followers the other day, so hello to you, and thanks for jumping aboard my bloggy train! (And hello to everyone else as well, of course!) Also, I added a few new items to my blog shop today, so go and check that out if you like. I made a little button for it right on the side of the page for you to access as well :)

Top: Delia's
Skirt/Dress: Pacsun/BB Dakota
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Ruche








Until Tomorrow,
Nicole

25 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm in FL, so I pretty much need to make sure my legs look acceptable every freaking day (you never know when there'll be a heat wave demanding shorts or a skirt).
    I really like your "compromise"! This definitely looks like a spring outfit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created an outfit that looks warm while still being springlike with the light colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the only reason i'm NOT excited about warm weather is because I have to start shaving my legs on a regular basis, haha! you are not alone with your hairy legs!

    this outfit reminds me of 500 Days of Summer because of all the blue! i love it. and you look so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and cute look :), perfect por spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your tights!! theyre a lovely colour and theyre so cute!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may need to jump RIGHT OVER to Urban for those tights. They're incredible! And I love your pale springy color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit! I actually thought it was a dress before I looked at the outfit details. The top and skirt are perfectly coordinated. And the colors are indeed very springlike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful transition outfit :) I have to agree with the diffiulties you're having because I am having them too. I keep thinking I'm defying the weather by only wearing a light jacket but then I'm just miserable and cold. Heh.

    <3 Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Light blue is always such a fun spring color. I love the skirt and tights so much. Lovely shades here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the looks! these colors are so soft and springy!! you look lovely!!!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is for sure one of my favorites of your outfits! Love it!

    And your hair is looking so cute, that haircut is really working for you! :D

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  12. the weather has been so misleading, from the window so nice and then the wind hits you. this is so terrific. the pastel tones to prettty! even if you were reluctant to wear the tights they look great! just checked out your blog shop and I am smitten over that velvet dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look gorgeous in blue!! what a perfectly spring-y outfit. is ny getting snow tomorrow like nh?? i am so sad. i want spring so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those tights are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my legs get so itchy if I don't shave them after a few days. you're hilarious with your TMI. I love it. these tights are so pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those tights and shoes!!! Amazing!! and dont worry...I havent shaved my legs since the snow came (i dont want to say how long ago that way...) I'm glad I have blonde leg hair!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are definitely fooling the weather a little bit with these pastel colours... try again tomorrow please!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Springy colored skirt! It's such a lovely shade of blue and goes so well with those tights!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so cute! Love the delicate colors of the outfit and the adorable tights!
    Happy weekend!
    AnikMilk

    ReplyDelete
  20. love these tights!

    Helen, X
    areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. that blue skirt is so cute and i adore those tights!!! i love your style, i just found your blog :)


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it I love it! I've found myself being drawn to more springy colors as well lately, especially dusty pink/rose colors, which is silly as I usually hate pink. Anyway, I love the light blues in this outfit, you look lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I finally added you to my Bloglovin! I have meant to do so for months, but I kept forgetting. Now I can leave crazy comments all the time! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

    Those tights. Gimme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!