Monday, March 14, 2011

A Panoply of Song

IMG_5789edit


Hello there! Sorry for updating a bit late today. I think spring break's gotten the best of me. I've been being all sorts of lazy, watching Criminal Minds and eating Girl Scout cookies. I guess sometimes it's just nice to be lazy, especially during a hectic semester. After I finish typing up this post, Zak and I are planning to watch My Neighbor Totoro. Have any of you guys seen it? We've kind of started this weekend tradition of watching a Hayao Miyazaki movie. Last weekend we watched Castle in the Sky and LOVED it. Every movie I've seen of his I've loved, though, so I guess that's not a surprise! His movies are just so fun and whimsical and meaningful. So good. What's your favorite Miyazaki movie?

I wore this outfit on Saturday to a birthday party for Zak's uncle. I decided to wear something a bit more casual, and since I'm ridiculous, I had to wear this top I thrifted the day before. I really love the color and can't wait to pair it with pretty much all of my skirts! Also, I got to take pictures in Zak's Uncle's back yard, which was wonderful to explore. They have a stone wall around their yard and even a little pond!

Top: Good Will
Jeans, Purse, Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Gift

IMG_5791edit

IMG_5790edit

IMG_5798edit


Until Tomorrow,
Nicole

18 comments:

  1. lovely lady! that top is terrific and the colour so rich. you always find such great thrifted buys. I need to get on seeing a Miyazaki movie, by the sounds of it they are super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big Miyazaki fan! My favorite is 'Howl's Moving Castle'. :)
    (And I've been munching on tagalongs lately too...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your thrifted top. That stone wall around their house is awesome.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow that top is a fabulous find!! The color and style is wonderful on you. I love all of Miyazaki's stuff but I've never seen that particular movie. I will have to see it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous top!! I love the colour and all those pleats. Sometimes you just gotta go with a simple outfit...this lets that shirt be the start! I really love that shirt! haha

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just got off spring break too, i need to get off the comp and do some homework :P
    love the blue color of your top!!

    www.wakingupinwaco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blouse is such a pretty color! Don't worry, be lazy and enjoy your spring break, you deserve it!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo I really love the color of that top. What a great find! I haven't heard of that movie, I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a lovely blouse!!
    i just have this week to survive so i can have my spring break :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colour of that top is gorgeous, it goes so nicely with your dark hair. I'm writing an essay on anime but unfortunately I don't get to write it about studio ghibli stuff but about all the really dark cyborg animes. sigh! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The color of that top is perfect for you! You look so cute in your casual clothes, love the badass little necklace as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That top is GORGEOUS on you! I seriously was waiting for you to say you picked it up from urban outfitters and spent too much money on it and that it was a necessary splurge (we all have those when it comes to urban) but that you thrifted it makes it even more amazing. It's beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will always love your looks. Casual... or dressier :P you always look great! hahaha omg and you don't have to apologize for posting late! I mean, you're one of the few bloggers who actually update constantly! I am still trying to keep up with 3 per week D: so yeah! don't feel pressured at any time! We will love you no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely casual outfit. I like the colour of your top, great find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice casual look, I love the color of your blouse! And I think I have those same jeans from UO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love that top! it's so pretty.
    i love allll of miyazaki's movies i've seen. howl's moving castle is one of my favorites. but i grew up watching kiki's delivery service and my neighbor totoro.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, the color of that top is indeed gorgeous and the pleated detail is so nice. I like how casual yet still stylish this is - my favorite kind of outfit!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pleating detail on your top :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!