Sunday, March 27, 2011

Out On The Town



Hello there! Yesterday, my parents, Zak, and I went out to dinner at a restaurant called the Black Whale. It's out on City Island, where a lot of things (including the restaurant) are nautical themed. It's so cute! I had a really nice time getting dolled up and having a yummy meal (chicken pot pie). And for dessert, I had a sundae called a "baby whale," which despite the name is the smallest sundae on the menu! Needless to say, I indeed felt like a whale after that meal.

So, since we were going to the Black Whale, I wore my most nautical dress because I'm a sillypants. I really love this dress, but it's often hard for me to style. I love the shape of the dress so much that I don't want to cover up with a cardigan! But alas, it's way cold in these parts so I can't go sweater-less just yet. Also, just a heads up for this week. After a lovely break from school, I'll be heading back tomorrow. Boo! I anticipate being overwhelmed and such, so if I fall off the face of the blog world for a little while, I apologize in advance! Hopefully I'll be able to manage my time alright!

Dress: Tulle
Tights: Hue
Sweater: Delia's
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Brooch: Gift




Until tomorrow,
Nicole

15 comments:

  1. That dress is SO CUTE! I love nautical themed clothing. So, I would totally do the same thing if I were going to a nautical restaurant. Your tights looks so great with it.

    http://likespinning-plates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so adorable! and it certainly goes well with the nautical theme! I love how you mixed in a pop of color with the cardigan and your tights :D

    x, I

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dress on you. Sounds like a cute restaurant, and place if everything is nautical themed.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah you are such a cutie! I love that dress on you- it looks amazing. That restaurant sounds like so much fun! I love pot pie.. Yum and followed by a sundae?! Too good to be true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the dress! and it looks really lovely on you and i loved the colors you paired it with. i also have a nautical tunic that i wear often. and usually with red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress! It's one of my favorites. The little details in the front are so fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is so pretty! So cute that you dressed to complement the restaurant! :D

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love the colour of your tights and the details on the front of your dress are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute! i love how you paired it up with those tights!!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress sounds perfect for that night out. You look so cute! But what's new? You're hair is so cute and I looooove the buttons on this dress so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a darling dress. the details are so charming. although you didn't want to shroud this beautiful dress the cardigan is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your color combination. Especially since I'm slightly obsessed with that rusty red-orange color right now. I love your blog; I can tell just by scrolling through your entries :)

    <3 Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you dressed up to match the theme of the restaurant! The front detail of this dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress is so cute! I love it with the maroon tights. I want to try this baby whale....I just LOVE sundaes! I want one right now!! Unfortunately there is no where in a 30 min radius for me to get some :(

    Shy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!