Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We Might Be Strangers

November 2

So, I wasn't planning on doing a post today. Well, really, I was planning on it, but then my pictures turned out, uh, terribly. Mostly because of my face. As you'll notice by the few passable ones, my face is a face of rage. I wasn't even feeling particularly wrathful today or anything! The problem is, when I think I'm smiling coyly, I'm apparently just making this terribly annoyed-looking face. That's a problem for a whole number of social and bloggy reasons. So, note to self - smile bigger, so that when you think you're smiling like an idiot, you'll really just be smiling coyly.

Anyway, I ended up finishing Slaughterhouse Five, and I know how a Vonnegut shaped hole in my universe. Whenever I finish a really good book, I go on for a few days after wishing there was another chapter, or a part two even, just to prolong the wonder. So, I'm currently in that state. Perhaps I'll have to treat myself to another of his books as a little early birthday present. Though, I don't even have enough time to do all of my school work, so, probably not the best idea. I honestly should be doing work right now since the next few days are looking to be super busy and whirlwindy, but frankly, I'd rather just relax for a bit and spend some time in blog world.

Dress: Thrift store, Sweater: Forever 21, Socks: Target, Boots: Famous Footwear, Jacket: Salvation Army, Bag: Urban Outfitters

November 2 3

November 2 2

November 2 4


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

11 comments:

  1. Wee what a beautiful outfi! I especially love the floral-leather combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tiny birdcage necklace is so cute! I like how it pops against the black. :) your purse is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make the most hilarious faces, I've noticed. Next post I do will have a perfect one. I've just gotten in the habit of showing them off because, hey, it's what I do in real life, right? Anyway, I hate finishing a good book because then it's... over. So sad! You look adorable, no matter what, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coy, wrathful death-glare! Anyway, the outfit definitely deserves to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable outfit, you look great and cozy at the same time :) haha, I sometimes have the same problem with smiling!
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'aw omigoodness you were thinking about lil old me. :'D that makes me happy to hear! but yes I have returned and it feels wonderful, I have missed reading all of your posts and everyone's posts and aaallll the blogworld! > w< so happy now

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit, I love how you paired the floral with the denim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've totally had days of terrible faces. today will probably be one of those days when i get around to photographing. vonnegut is just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes...I have some blog posts never published b/c of horrible faces. Though, your face is definitely not horrible though:) Ah, I love that dress and it's pretty print..and how you layered it. I really love the whole outfit actually!

    Thanks for you sweet comment Nicole:) Each day gets a little easier and the memories never fade, so there is quite a bit of comfort in that.

    Have a lovely weekend! xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I know what you mean. Every time I try to be all 'cool' in my pictures, I turn out looking like the biggest dork ever! But you don't look like a dork, you look super cute :)

    <3Leanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!