Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Like You Because You're True Blue

nov17 2

Some of the best outfits make you look a little bit like an elderly person dressed you when you got up that morning, I think. There's just something so cozy about short pants, thick socks, and a big ol' sweater. A whole bunch of kids on my campus walk around in ankle length pants, showing off their awesome socks, so I decided to see what all the hype was about. That hype, in my opinion, is justified. Elderly appearance or not, I kind of dig it.

On another note, you guys know by know that poetry is really important to me. Over the summer I did a few installments of a feature called Writing Weekly, where I talked about a book of poetry I had read that week and shared some poems from the collection with you guys. Then, school started. And while I've been reading (and trying hard to write) poetry every week, it's been in smaller doses. But I really want it to have a place on this blog. I'm thinking of choosing a day to maybe just share one great poem I've read that week. Kind of like Writing Weekly, but on a smaller scale. If you guys have any ideas, or anything you'd like to see, I'm all ears! (Maybe not all ears, 'cause that's kind of weird to think about, but at least mostly ears).

Cords: Espirit, Sweater: Forever 21, Socks: Target, Oxfords: Ruche, Trench: H&M, Bag: Urban Outfitters

nov 17 6

nov17 4

nov 17 1>

nov 17 7

nov 17

nov 17 3


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

6 comments:

  1. haha i love the sock look! i was actually going to do this myself last sunday! the last photo of you is cute. :3

    i think you should definitely share a poem a week! i do not read enough poetry, so i'd love to get weekly suggestions. <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember back in the day when socks were considered hideous and only reserved for gym class with sneakers. Everyone was wearing ankle socks so I begged my mom to let me wear ankle socks like them and I refused to wear anything higher until recently when socks began to come back to trend. Now I'm the person who wears tall socks with sandals (tastefully) and with heels and other shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so utterly adorable! I love the kind of highwaters with the cute socks and shoes...so sweet and the minty green sweater is the icing on the cake!

    I think a poem a week is a great idea. I used to be so into poetry...when I started writing lyrics instead, I kind of lost touch with it oddly enough -though one is inspired by the other. I could definitely use a good dose of some great poetry once again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those cords? LOVE in that case.

    Bring on the poetry, I was a big fan of some of your summer selections...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE.THOSE.PANTS!!! You look amazing and not elderly at all! It's weird that we're all rolling up our pants and showing off our socks. Oh trends--you're so fickle sometimes eh?

    I think sharing a poem a week is lovely idea :) We could all use some beautiful words/phrases/lines (apart from the ones you write of course) every week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think a poem a week would be great. that way you could slowly divulge, and not overwhelm.

    i want to dress like you. all of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!