Friday, November 4, 2011

I Will Love You 'Till the Wheels Come Off

DSC_0426

Last night was my job's annual gala fundraiser, so I took the opportunity to get a little bit more fancy (just a little!) than my usual daily wear. Goodness me, do I love this dress. I got it from Asos probably about a month ago for the gala (I know, whatever) and was so, so pleased when I tried it on. The color's so fun, and the cut in my opinion is super flattering. I had been waiting SO LONG to wear this dress! It even garnered a few compliments. Well, some older ladies I was working with said it was cute, my younger boss asked if it was "an old dress" (he clarified he meant "vintage" but COME ON), and my other boss called me a 60's gogo dancer. Wins all around, I think! Maybe. All in all, it was a fun night. I had a good time meeting people, getting hit on by creepy older waiters, seeing my bosses all dressed up, and dressing up myself. Oh, and eating delicious food. There's always that.

Dress: Asos, Heels: DSW

DSC_0424

DSC_0427

DSC_0420

Awkward jump

DSC_0447

And an awkward landing. I love it.

DSC_0456


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

13 comments:

  1. i love asos.
    the only problem i have with asos is when i go to the website there is SO much clothing to pick from that i get overwhelmed and have to leave. :P
    (i also have this problem when i step inside an forever21 store. i am crazy!)

    you look really beautiful. the dress looks like it fits you perfectly.
    i hope you had a fabulous time.
    have a wonderful weekend, Nicole.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this is a gorgeous dress on you, it could totally be pulled off as vintage hahah! :D and with the nude heels you look so love.y :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, this dress is lovely! i love the bright punchy color... the shape is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gala just sounds so fancy! I imagine lots of cheese and fine wine haha! I love this color on you. So perfect for fall!

    http://loursetlerenard.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! i love the length, pattern and color of this dress, it suits you perfectly and yes, it looks straight from the '60s! Hope you had fun at the gala ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so perfect on you...gosh, I love it!! Asos is dangerous...they have way too many pretty dresses for me to feast my eyes on:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so lovely! Love the little red dress and those nude heels make your legs look like they go on for miles and miles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are tremendously beautiful in that dress! It does really fit in you. Don't bother what your boss told about your dress! He's just envied with you co'z he cannot wear dress like what you've got! Lolz!

    But anyway, hope you have also time to check one of my bookmarked site on the net for offering fabulous clothes and accessories on the net - http://www.lnlclothing.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous little dress! that color is beautiful on you..and the nude heels are perfect! i'm glad you had fun! i wanna go to a gala... :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOMEONE IS ADORABLE. so glad i finally got to see the 'fancy' dress that you got months ago! <3 happy birthday muffin lady bug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like you stepped straight out of the 1960s- One of my favorite eras for fashion! I love this outfit so much. Asos is also ridiculously awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!