Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Clash


If you were expecting a post concerning The Clash the band, then I am sorry to dissappoint. Rather, this post's title is a reference to my slightly zany combination of floral, sequin, and polka dots. And don't get me started on the colors. I often shy away from wearing my one pair of rain (SNOW) boots due to their obnoxious coloring. They're really hard to match to an outfit, and I'm sure if I tried hard enough, I could come up with a cohesive outfit, but I'm not a big fan of wearing turquoise on my torso or otherwise. Today though, I said "WHAT THE HAY?!" and just went for it. I put the outfit together first, and wasn't sure what to do about shoes. I was slipping on campus yesterday when I had to face only snow, so my regular boots were not going to cut it today, when ICE CRYSTALS were raining down from the sky. Hence, rain boots. And to be honest, there was something I greatly enjoyed about how starkly they contrasted with the rest of my outfit. Go figure.

Also, just noticed this now, but the sequins on my shoulders kind of look like snow in these photos. Because, you know, I need more snow in my life. Don't get me wrong, though, I love snow. A lot of people are real sick of winter and ready for spring, and every now and then I find myself agreeing. But, there are so many things about winter that are special - hot coco, blankets, reading and watching the snow falling outside, blaming your insatiable desire to eat on the weather. All wonderful! And I'm not ready to give those things up - especially that last one, I've been eating cookies ALL DAY...because it's snowing out? - for spring just yet.

Also! I've been wanting to do a video blog after seeing so many of you lovely ladies do such awesome ones! So I figured I could maybe do a Q&A type deal. So, if you have any questions for me, leave 'em in your comments! Excitement!





(Umbrella added for emphasis)


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

15 comments:

  1. I really like the contrast too. I think the boots pick up the color of blue in your skirt which is nice. I give you props for all the skirts you wear in this cold cold weather. I'm trying to do more skirt, but it's harder than I thought.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that sweater from H&M?? I have one exactly like it but in cream! I totally wore something super similar last week but didn't take photos! I love this look so much. I think those boots totally work. ;) And yay snow! I'm dying of jealousy! Also speaking of eating cookies in winter... do I have an excuse if it's sunny but still really cold out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your clash, its fun to look at. I love the sequins and florals together the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love your gumboots :) Wish it would snow where I live, sick of the hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the eclectic mix of patterns! It really comes together in such an awesomely cute way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicole. i love everything about this.
    i always mix everything together.
    the husband calls me a walking rainbow!
    you look lovely..the last picture is my favorite! :)
    def. do a video!! i would watch it in a heartbeat!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay first question - is that a skirt or a dress? Second question - am I missing the outfit details or are they right in front of my face? I'm just IN LOVE with the flowers so sorry I'm being all nosy here :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is too so wonderful! i have been obsessed with wearing sweaters over dresses/skirts lately so naturally i love this outfit :) i'm sad i never got to have my rust-color anything this fall/winter but there's always next time :) love your rain boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the sequins was snow! I was like "man, that is so clever!" hahaha, but I am glad it's actually sequins... because it looks beautiful! and I love those rain boots! Keep wearing them! I love the confidence! I don't even have rain boots because it never rains here... so I am jealous! You just created one of the prettiest outfits I've seen! And on top of all... you rock at mixing prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look really cute! Love that skirt, and lots of clashing can be fun anyway :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful outfit! I love all of the colors, I think you look beautiful! lol I have not bothered with rain boots for the same reason, but B&W ones might be a good start!

    I think you should do a vlog! Maybe talk about some of your favorite things, I love when I see a blogger rave on their favorite book/movie/sweater etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that skirt, it's gorgeous, I would like one just like it for Spring :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehe you're cute. I love the sequins!!

    I guess my question would be... what are your hobbies besides blogging (and shopping & all that goes along with that. haha)? Do you play an instrument?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This look is so sweet. Gosh, those are the cutest boots ever!! You are the greatest at mixing together different patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!