Sunday, February 13, 2011

In Which I Attempt To Be A Classy Lady

Hello there! Well, I've really had such a lovely weekend. For Zak's birthday, I bought him tickets for a performance of Mozart and Beethoven by the New York Philharmonic. Yesterday, we went to the performance, and my goodness it was wonderful! We both had a great time, and I was double happy because Zak really enjoyed it (he's a big fan of classical music!). We spent the day in the city around Lincoln Center, and I took some photos to document. So, I'll keep this short (since a super fun weekend means a super lame Sunday of home work) and proceed to show you too many pictures.

IMG_5367
Hooray! It was quite cool to see the Fashion Week building, even though I didn't get to go in or anything.

IMG_5372

IMG_5373
I didn't get any good photos of my classy lady outfit (A black dress, gray sweater, and blue heart tights) since it was cold and windy and AWFUL outside.

IMG_5375
DIY heart tights!

IMG_5371
A blurry photo, inside Avery Fisher Hall

IMG_5377
Pre-dinner red velvet cupcake from Buttercup Bakery! (We had Crumbs AFTER dinner :) )

IMG_5378
Another blurry picture, of Zak! This was taken at the restaurant we went to, Whym.

IMG_5379
Me, at Whym, eagerly awaiting delicious food!

IMG_5380
Delicious food! Zak and I both had yummy chicken pot pie. I forgot to take a picture of our appetizer (pulled duck sliders) because I was too busy EATING THEM. Seriously, they were delicious and gone within about five seconds. Note, there also aren't any photos of the after dinner cupcakes we ate...

IMG_5381
Wehn we got home, I wanted to try to take a decent picture of the two of us, since we were both looking spiffy, but this proved to be difficult. So, we just took pictures like this...

IMG_5383

And, of course, this

IMG_5386


Hope you all had swell weekends!
Nicole

19 comments:

  1. Ohh it looks like you to had a wonderful time! That´s great. And I love your outfit; you look so pretty and lady like.

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so lovely! I wish I had a better, less cliched word to use, but you are!!!

    I'm so glad that you two were able to have such a grand time for his birthday.

    I adore you DIY tights, by the way.

    xoxo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. classy lady! this is a lovely outfit. the DIY tights are perfect! glad you had a good outing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so lady like and very chic, but girly at the same time. Does this makes any sense? haha. Anyway I just wanted to say that you look like you're glowing in these pictures, truly beautiful!
    And yummy food, nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cupcake looks pretty damn delicious.
    you two are so cute..i am so jealous..i love classical music.
    love the DIY tights. perfect outfit for the night out.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH! I love the last shot of the both of you. SO. CUTE. I can totally imagine you guys growing old together and being those awesome cool grandparents. Not that you guys are old or anything! And those DIY heart tights are so pretty. You definitely should do a tutorial! I love your classy lady outfit. :)

    And all that food sounds so good. Especially the chicken pot pie. The pulled duck sliders sound good too, except I've never had duck. Next time, I'm definitely going to try to order something like that. I'm salivating at those photos. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you guys looks so sweet! I'll bet you had a really great time at the concert, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, you got plenty good pictures! Those tights are just adorable. You two are so cute and I hope you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay that last one made me smile, too cute. I love your heart tights. All that food talk is making me hungry. I wish I could cupcakes all day. That would make me pretty happy.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw this is too cute! My boyfriend is the most anti-photograph guy ever! that makes me want to cry :P So I am happy to see that you had pictures with yours! <3

    And I am so jealous of you! I wish I could live in NYC! Or at least go :( And it's amazing you got to at least swing by fashion week :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. how cute are you cutie!
    sounds like the loveliest of dates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, those last pictures are funny :D I love your DIY tights! And I'M glad you enjoyed the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Maria you are so cute! You guys look like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you guys had a great time! And you look gorgeous and super classy! :D

    Check out my 500 Days of Summer post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those DIY heart tights are so cute, love em.
    Have a great Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still think those tights are absolutely adorable!
    This looks like it would be a really fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your outfit so much here!!! so sweet and very sophisticated!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!