Friday, February 11, 2011

The World At Large



Hello there, and hooray for Friday! After a long week, it's nice to have some time to relax and catch up with life. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately (mostly yesterday during my long breaks between classes) about my goals and what I'm doing with my life. I complain a lot about school, but I really do love what I'm studying. I'm lucky to go to a college where I'm free to study what I'm really passionate about and only what I'm passionate about. Every now and then, when I'm in a lecture or my poem is being workshopped, I pull myself back from the situation and realize, honestly, how cool it is to be experiencing and soaking up everything. Just recently, I applied for my first job. I doubt I'll get it, but I was proud of myself for taking the initiative towards saving up for my future. I'm a big worrier, so whenever I think about applying for a job I freak myself out and say that I won't be able to balance things. But, lately, I've been thinking about what I really, really want. And that is to be able to move to the bay area of California with Zak, and make a little happy life there for a while. With this perspective, all the school work and (hopefully) jobs will be more than worth it.


Oh, I've been rambling haven't I? It's just, every once in a while, I need a reality check from myself. I get into ruts where all I do is complain (yesterday), and that's just a waste. I am very lucky, and I have very wonderful plans to make reality. I have the best people surrounding me, and pushing me towards what I want. All of these, are the important things.

Top: H&M
Dress: Salvation Army
Cardigan: Zara
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Mom's
Belt: Target






Until tomorrow,
Nicole

19 comments:

  1. Hello miss adorable, I have missed posting comments for you. :D I love love your tights with that dress, such a nice contrast but they go together so well! And the sun in your pictures is making such pretty light. :D

    I'm glad that you're liking school (even though you complain! ;)) Wish I could be the same right now for a certain evil subject.. Econ.. asjhfdg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting yourself in a financially stable place is the best way to start. Jobs may seem hard, and nuts but they are not as intimidating as they seem. My first job was at an ice cream shop, Cold stone creamery, we even had to sing, and "audition" for the job. I did love working there, and it was a lot different than I thought it would be.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I live in Ozone Park, Queens. I'm just so curious to know what college you attend. Do you me telling me? It sounds like a good college.
    Cute outfit. :)

    Love,
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. well dear, I wish you the best! you look so cute! I love the dainty floral print of the dress ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! You look adorable...the sweater and dress are great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you are being realistic and planning for the future!

    Also, I want to run to Zara to buy that cardi but I can't coz I'm doing the 30 for 30!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely. love what your did with the shirt by placing it overtop of the dress. you have such an eye for colour they go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I really love this outfit! The cardigan is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the job! :) You're such a lovely and intelligent girl. I don't see why anyone wouldn't hire you!

    And the bay area! Don't give in to the temptation of the west coast! Sure they may have clean beaches and nice balmy weather, but New York City is better! Hahaha, just kidding...sort of. :)

    I love the collared shirt under the striped sweater. I think you should be a cute librarian. Or, at least, give workshops on how to dress like one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is too cute Nicole! I love love love love all the layers going on!! And all the colors too :) Good luck with your job interview <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. It good to know what you want! I wish all of the luck to you :)

    The outfit for today is incredibly cute! I love every single item of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fingers cross for u with the job :)

    i hate to sound like a broken record , but u look cute as always , great sense of style and i always adores all your combination of your outfits

    with love

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's easy to complain during a long, cold season.

    I adore your dress. It's such a lovely thrift store find.

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this combination yet again, oh and I loved your DIY heart tights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite outfits of yours EVER. I love all of your adorable layering- the collar and that top plus the skirt and cardigan. Perfectt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for first jobs! hope everything turns out well

    and damn, I am always digging your outfits, but of course I wore a skirt last time and wind was crazy and my skirt got stuck in my crotch and ... yeah, total fail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nicole!! I love yous outfit!!So cuteeeeeee!!! :D:D

    Stop by my blog sometime!

    SignorinaTina

    ReplyDelete
  18. another inspiring look, love the dress! I seriously need more flower print in my life!
    hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an awesome look!! I really, really, really want your outfit, please. haha

    I think i want to move to Cali too! Just for a couple years or so though- I think I'd eventually wanna come back East.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!