Friday, February 4, 2011

A Cog In Some Great Machine


Hello there! So, I'm happy to report that I spent today being quite lazy. I woke up, curled my hair, did some reading, then some more reading, and spent lots of time on the internet. I lead a very exciting life, just in case you were wondering. As lazy as my Friday's been, it's nice to have some time to just slow down my pace and do things at my own speed, you know? And now Zak's coming over, and we're going to have pizza for dinner. YES!

In regards to today's outfit, the top half of it was definitely inspired by this post by the lovely Jasmine of Transient Withdrawal. Once I saw how she layered her peter pan collar top underneath her sweater, I knew I had to try it for myself! Also, these shorts are one of the hardest pieces to style in my wardrobe. They're just pretty bold and hard to match, but I was happy with this end result. I felt a little bit like a modern Wednesday Adams with all the dark colors, but that's not necessarily a bad thing right?

Peter Pan top: Urban Outfitters
Sweater: Thrifted
Shorts: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Mom's
Belt: Target





Have a good weekend!
Nicole

20 comments:

  1. Just looking at you in shorts is making me cold brr. I really like the peter pan collar under your sweater. I love peter pan collared shirts, and dresses lately.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shorts definitely go with this top, great matching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Jasmine started a trend ;) I seriously want to do this. Badly! You look ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thin kyou pulled off the shorts so well! With the collar, everything looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! The Peter Pan collar looks darling on you, and the shorts match the feel sooo well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the collar on your top! Also, very inspiring blog you have here!
    -Katie

    www.fashionsparklers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you nailed it on the shorts, the top is perfect with them. I have a very similar one (addicted to peter pan collars here!) but in taupe.
    I also really like your hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look cute! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is superbly styled. peter pan collars just kill me, they are so darn cute! you pulled off the shorts swimmingly even with such a bold pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eep! Hello cute collar!

    I see what you mean by hard to style shorts. Really, really, bold prints are very hard to remix... but I think the way you've paired them here looks just wonderful!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shorts are adorable on you! and they are so perfect with that peter pan collar shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love the peter pan collar!!! it is so adorable and the plaid shorts are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say, your style is my absolute favorite. You always pair such cute pieces and look completely original, albeit an re-creation of a look, your interpretation, or your creation!

    ps: Lazy days are the cat's pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww! You remind me of Zooey in this post! I am diggin' the shorts, plaid and purple?! win! lol have fun with the boy and yummy pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look super cute, love the Peter Pan collar and the shorts looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, I REALLY need a peter pan collar. Quit shoving that down my throat, Nicole. I know.

    Love the purple plaid, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay I have those shorts & wasn't quite sure how to style them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the peter pan collar! hit the nail on the head for this outfit. :) so lovely and the shorts give it a quirky, cute edge!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what an adorable collar, it would look so good with so many things! Such a classic piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!