Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm Just Sitting On The Shelf

IMG_5268



Hello there! Today I got a bit of a break, since once of my classes was cancelled! So, instead of having to stay at school until 6, I got to come home at 11. Pretty sweet deal, methinks. I've been so exhausted from school lately, so it's nice to have a bit of an extended weekend to catch up on work, sleep, and quality television. And maybe even bowling?! Anyway, in regards to my outfit, it feels a lot more autumn than it does winter, but I don't care all that much. I find that halfway through a season, I'll start to wear more and more colors associated with other seasons. Does that happen to you guys?

Oh, and silly story time. I was going outside to take my daily outfit photos, and as I was stepping out of the door, I noticed these thuggy looking teenagers being obnoxious and lighting cigarettes, all up in my photo spot. I without thinking exclaimed, "SMOKING THUGS!" and ran inside the house. Just another quality example of me being suave and not incredibly socially awkward. Next time, I'm thinking I should just incorporate them into my pictures. That would be normal and cool, right? Right.

Top: Nordstrom Rack
Sweater: Zara
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Target
Shoes: Ruche

IMG_5267

IMG_5272

IMG_5275

IMG_5280


And just a note before I end the post. I mentioned yesterday that I was thinking of doing a video blog. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing that tomorrow! I wanted to maybe do a Q&A if you had any questions, so if you have 'em, ask 'em in the comments! Hooray!



Until Tomorrow,
Nicole

16 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combination!

    Great blog.

    x

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, a lot of kids smoke at my school; mainly the Fine Arts majors. :)
    Great outfit on you; the skirt is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another simple and amazing outfit, I hope I don't seem like a stalker for posting most of your looks on my tumblr :O

    Ahh I love vlogs and Q&A so this seems like a great idea, here are my questions:
    - What's your favourite colour?
    - Favourite food?
    - And what was your inspiration to start blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. They must have thought you lost it, it's totally like something I would do. I tend to put my foot in my mouth a lot.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit and the She & Him reference in the title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so lovely. the colours are perfectly complimentary, and the shoes so charming. if some "thuggy teenagers" were in my shot, i would have done the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha i would've done the same thing. (well, i would probably go and smash their cigarettes..then run.) and i dress in other season colors all the time! in the summer/spring, i dress all winter-y, and right now i'm wearing a lot of summery-spring colors. i think that's normal though. i love the colors in that outfit! i need a camel-y cardigan. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the blog post title a lyric from the She and Him song titled "Why do you let me stay here?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit. I do the same thing wearing winter things in summer and summer things in winter it drives my Mum insane. A question for you, What makes you truley happy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those smoking thugs!!! Your outfit is adorable... I always end up wearing the colors of different seasons because during the season you see certain colors everywhere and just get burnt out. Maybe we should schedule posts for the proper season by color... haha!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehe you're so funny! I would never have been that brave to call them out on being stupid. Anyway...This outfit is so lovely--I love the camel and the red paired together :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i don't have a lot of clothes so i just wear whatever fits for the weather/feels good that day.
    but i do love this outfit so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next time I see a group of teens standing around smoking, Im going to yell that exact phrase at them. Haha, oh you!

    I fully appreciate your cute "fall" look deep into the heart of winter. The idea of dressing for a particular season is just odd to me. I don't ever want my wardrobe to feel limited because certain colors/patterns are more winter or summer appropriate. Bogus. Looking good is stylish no matter what season you're in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hardly ever dress to the seasons colors, so I don't mind the colors one bit! You must have like a never ending supply of cardigans at your house, I almost never see you wear the same one!

    Smoking thugs... haha, classic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, nice story! Man, I'm too chicken to go out in public for my blog photos, and even in my backyard I'm convinced the neighbours are watching me...

    I love the colours here. I don't think seasons need to have "colours," although I guess I'm more a fan of florals in the winter than the summer. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've just found your blog and i love your look - so beautifully classic. thought i'd say hello as a new follower, too! elle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!