Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Had to Know That I Was Fond of You

DSC_0028

So, yesterday was my first go at tutoring. Starting this week, I'll be tutoring one of my mom's students in math and reading three times a week. While I am no math whiz, I do enjoy algebra, which is what I'm helping her with. I'm a bit worried about steering her wrong or being unable to help her out. I may or may not have accidentally taught her an incorrect method to dividing fractions (though the answer was miraculously correct!), but it's the first day! Right? Sure. And I helped her understand fractions by using cupcakes! Hopefully that helped. She probably just thinks I'm peculiar. She would be correct. Later on in the day, I went out to dinner and to the park with one of my closest friends that I haven't seen in a while. It's always nice when conversations pick up right where they left off, and that's just what happened. We talked about boys, past and present, jobs, and life in general. It was a lovely summer night.

I quite liked this outfit. It's been so hot in New York lately, so I've been trying to still look cute while wearing the bear minimum. I ended up keeping all of the colors very light, partly because I liked the look of it, and partly in hopes that the light colors would prevent me from melting all over the place.

Blouse, shorts: H&M
Belt: Goodwill
Shoes: Mom's

DSC_0039

DSC_0032

DSC_0029

DSC_0034

DSC_0030


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

21 comments:

  1. The lace top and the shorts are lovely together. I also love the belt, such a cute detail with the animals on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this outfit! esp that blouse, excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Math was my least favourite subject at school, i completely despised it, though learning fraction with cupcakes would much more interesting than the way I studied it hehe. Just for the cupcakes you're already an awesome tutor.

    I am quite a minimalist in summer too, especially because of the heat, but also because a "less is more" mood strikes me. So obviously I have to love your outfit! Oh and your belt is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute outfit! i especially love the blouse.
    Omg, math? Algebra? I hoped I wouldn't hear about them after finishing highschool! That's why I chose a humanistic faculty! (just kidding hehe)

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable look! It is so summery and effortless-looking :) That's really cool that you are doing tutoring! I also remember liking algebra a lot, because it was kind of kind solving little math mysteries. Fractions, on the other hand, have escaped my brain completely. ;) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tank! And that detailing on the belt is so cute! ♥ And if my tutor taught me using cupcakes, I'd probably love her forever. And fiend for cupcakes afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely top, the lace is so pretty! Hope you continue to have fun with your tutoring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love neutral colors for summer! No sense in attracting more heat with dark ones. Your belt is my favorite! I only feel confident with algebra. Good luck tutoring! You'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful look for summer, and your belt - too cute! I wish I had been taught fractions with cupcakes, you're gonna be the most awesome tutor ever xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. wah that belt! So cute. I love elephants. I wish you could tutor me in math haha. I seriously still can't do long devision or subtract with borrowing. =p But I'm serious though haha. And I still don't quite get what a fraction is. Maybe if you show me with cupcakes i will get it? Love this pretty look. So clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fond of Y-O-U!

    Awww you look like the sweetest New Yorker! lol, I love the top, this is totally something I would wear :) Good luck with the job! I am sure you will do well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so nice of you to tutor :)! You get to learn a lot about yourself by how you teach stuff to others! And good idea with the cupcakes :)!

    This is a very lovely and summery outfit! I am particularly fond of the top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your shades! And your messy bun...adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your comment and your follow on my blog! I can't tell you how it means to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the lacey shirt it so pretty, you have the greatest shorts. light while maintaining style. throughout the school year I always thought of becoming a tutor but was always governed by the fear of teaching them something incorrect, teaching is certainly not my forte. But that's not to say you cant be terrific at it, by the sounds of it you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We should talk about how your tutoring goes! I'm going to be tutoring this fall and also doing my student teaching, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. way to go tutoring! esp with math, I esp impressed because I was always the student in the tutoring lab every week. pretty shirt and love your pairing of neutral colors, you look adorable but still casual, a tougher feat than it sounds : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. aaa cute top, cute girl! i wish u luck in the new begining!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute little lace top! Goes nicely with the shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this interesting information..which i was looking for since many days and finally got it..
    Any way again thanks..Math Tutor Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!