Saturday, July 23, 2011

Guest Post: Jasmine of Transient Withdrawal

IMG_2893

Hello Coco Maria readers!
I'm Jasmine and I run my own personal style blog over at Transient Withdrawal. I'm so happy to guest blog for Nicole while she's visiting my home state California--though she is visiting Northern CA while I'm here in Southern CA, it's still CA nonetheless.

Nicole asked us guest bloggers to blog about inspiration. This was kind of hard for me because I am easily inspired by anything and everything. I try to find beauty in everything--it's something I've learned while taking up photography as a hobby. I hardly give inspiration much conscious thought: having an ice cream could lead to my wearing pastels another day; or passing by a brightly colored wall could lead to interesting color combination. Inspiration just sort of...happens to me. Even reading hundreds of blogs doesn't yield many instances of conscious inspiration when it comes to putting outfits together. However, I firmly believe in the quote by Chuck Palaniuk, "Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known." So somehow, somewhere, and someone or something inspires every outfit. With that being said, living near the ocean and the beach being my favorite place has undoubtedly has led to an affinity for stripes and everything nautical. There's just something so humbling standing next to the ocean, watching something so mighty and powerful being forced to rise and fall. I adore the smell of the salty air and the feeling of sand between my toes.

Thank you Nicole for letting me guest blog over here for today. I hope you're enjoying CA and leave here loving it almost as much as I do!

IMG_2885

IMG_2889

IMG_2905

IMG_2907


outfit: dress worn as a top, and belt - f21 / skirt - h&m / shoes - aldo

Love,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. aww..yay!! I love jasmine.
    wonderful guest post love.
    you look beautiful in this nautical inspired outfit.
    you can never really go wrong with stripes.
    beautiful as ALWAYS!!! <33333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved what you had to say about inspiration (and the ocean). So true! You look really cute and, yep, definitely very "Jasmine" in this nautical outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I love Jasmine! Great guest posts so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorite quotes. It's so true. I love nautical inspired outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. marvelous dress, I too have an affinity for stripes nothing beats a good stripe and for that matter a lovely striped dresss. "Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."- incredibly quote I want to memorize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this WAS a dress for a moment!
    So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the sailor theme is pretty lovable... great post, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I love her blog! She always has the most adorable outfit posts and great photography! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!