Sunday, July 17, 2011

Guest Post: Kuleigh of Wolf-Like Shadow

Hello! This is Kuleigh (pronounced Cully) from Wolf-Like Shadow! When Nicole asked me to do a guest post on her blog while she's off having fun in California, I was flattered, excited, and nervous all at the same time! I've never done a guest post for another blogger so I hope you all like this one. She asked that I come up with something based on the theme of inspiration. I'm an art history major so I immediately thought of Picasso.



Picasso - Weeping Woman with Handkerchief - 1937




Picasso - Girl Before a Mirror - 1932




Picasso - Self Portrait - 1972

I love that Picasso's style was constantly changing and he wasn't afraid to try new things or incorporate inspiration from a wide variety of sources. This outfit is inspired by the bold colors, heavy brushstrokes, and geometric patterning that Picasso utilized in many of his paintings. I decided to go for this tribal print dress because Picasso collected tribal art and I thought the style trend was perfect for this inspiration post.





dress and shoes - F21, necklace - ? several years old

8 comments:

  1. That dress is very Picasso! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is perfect! What a cool inspiration. I love the Weeping Woman painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Picasso rolled that way, I'm sure he would have worn that dress! Super awesome and coherent inspiration- realization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the inspiration translates seamlessly into the end product. fantastic dress the print is picasso indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress totally lives up to your inspiration! I love the bold pattern, it could really stand out in a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful in that dress! I love the colorful print with all the detailing. And the Picasso reference is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! your dress = beautiful! And I feel all dumb now because I would always pronounce your name differently in my head D: I am glad to know now! In case we ever meet I would save my self from making a mistake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!