Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guest Post: Elanor of Missing Lovebirds

dress: urban outfitters, purse & heels: goodwill, cardigan: target
Hello there Coco Maria readers! I am Elanor from Missing Lovebirds, nice to meet you! I'll be filling in today as Nicole explores California... but more significantly to me - San Francisco! You see, I live there. :) And I'm excited to say that we will be meeting up! My first blogger meet up! It's going to be fun!

I knew just what I wanted to write about when Nicole asked us to do an inspired-by post. The other night I watched An Education for the first time, and while the story was a little hmmmm, the 60s fashion was beautiful! So, the neckline of this dress reminded me of the necklines of the dresses that Jenny wore in the movie, so I thought "hey, this could work!" So this outfit is a bit of an inspired-by outfit, but twisted of course, with the cute bows on the back, and my studded bracelet... I love mixing eras and styles! So fun.

I hope you enjoyed by guest post! Please jump on over to my blog and say hello sometime! :) xx Elanor
currently listening to... Mirah - The Forest

12 comments:

  1. Awww! Okay, first off, I love Mirah sooo much! I have been listening to her for so long, and every album she puts out just gets better and better. You can tell she really strives to grow as an artist :)

    And I love your beautiful photos! This is a lovely modern take on Hepburn-style :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely guest post! An Education is a great film. I love Carey Mulligan so much, I'm excited to see her in the Great Gatsby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are channeling such a timeless era. the dress is wonderful and the bow details are stunning. great song choice, she is a great artist.

    http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the back of this dress! I really liked An Education but I wanted it to turn out differently, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so perfect! I love your dress, especially the bows down the back, & I can definitely see the inspiration! I still haven't seen The Education, even though I really would like to because I adore Carey Mulligan & 60s fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mix of prints here! Totally see the inspiration. I just love the modest necklines of 60's dresses. :)

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't like An Education?! I thought it was wonderful! To each their own, I guess, though I'll agree that the film's fashion is splendid :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! i wish i could've met up with you two dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous dress, Elanor! I absolutely adored An Education!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR DRESS! I love it. Great guest post.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love an education, Carey Mulligan is such a good actress and the dresses are just so beautiful!!
    jess x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!