Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meeting Elanor in San Francisco!

DSC_0162

One of my favorite moments in California was when I got to meet Elanor of Missing Lovebirds! As soon as I booked my ticket to San Francisco I knew I had to try and meet up with her while I was there, and I was so excited when she agreed to do some vintage shopping with me in Haight-Ashbury. Elanor is one of my favorite bloggers, and let me tell you, she is just as wonderful in person! I had such a fun time browsing racks of sometimes quite silly vintage clothing (like super soft fur coats), talking about blogging, and taking outfit pictures, including a few sweet jumping (and squatting?) shots . I have to say, I really felt like I was talking to and spending time with an old friend. It was so easy to talk with her, and I had such a great time strolling around the Haight. I'm so thankful that blogging has allowed me to meet so many lovely ladies like Elanor who I can now call friends. I can't wait to meet up with her again next time I'm in California, and if she ever visits New York I'll have to repay the favor and show her around! :)

(most of the photos are mine, but some are from Elanor's camera/blog) Skirt, Shoes: Urban Outfitters, Top: Asos, Jacket: Thrift
DSC_0136

DSC_0144

DSC_0138

DSC_0140

DSC_0143


DSC_0157

DSC_0158

DSC_0155

5953531148_d1041aeb25_o

5952976311_043586050a_o


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

10 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous that i wasn't able to go! hopefully there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahha! stroking the fur coat! fun times. :) i'm so glad we could see eachother too! it was great. i definitely must come to new york, and soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this post on elanors blog and I must repeat how lovely both of you look. nothing beats a good session of vintage browsing, stroking the coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh both of you look so awesome and adorable!!! I love the jumping photo the best! Wow, what a cool store! I feel like I have not been shopping in ages, looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw this on her blog and was jealous. i am still jealous. :P
    you two are so adorable. love the last picture. i always look like a hot mess when i am jumping up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really great that you got to meet one of your favorite bloggers! I hope I can go to the west coast some day too and be part of a blogger meet up as well. :) Your day of shopping looks like it was a bunch of fun!
    http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like such a fun day! It's so great that the blogging world can bring people together like this. Can I ask where you went thrifting? I'm going to SF soon, and would love a recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a good time together! I love the wall you chose to take pictures. It's such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw your jumping shots turned out so cute! I've really enjoyed seeing all of your california posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two of my favorite people together. Is this real life? I am getting all sad now :P I need to move up North or I'll never be able to hang with all you lovely people :) you're both really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!