Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lace Face

DSC_0014
So, as you can see, the snow has all vanished since my last post. This weather is out of control, let me tell you. Anyway, I decided to attempt to take my own outfit photos today. As you can see, I most certainly do not have the hang of it. But hey, at least I'm in focus (I think), which is progress. There are a ton of cool places up by where I work that I want to explore and photograph, so hopefully I'll get the hang of it! Practice makes perfect. Or at least, practice makes passable. These were taken in what I believe is called Sleepy Hollow park. It's a nice little patch of greenery with a tiny waterfall and cool looking bridge. Hopefully I'll get to photograph soon! I would've taken outfit photos there today if it weren't for some meddling kids hanging out there. They weren't really meddling, so much as, well, sitting. Another day!

Anyway, I recently swapped a few garments with Chloe, and this dress is one of those! She seriously has such fantastic taste in clothes. I can't wait to wear everything she sent me!

Dress: Chloe's, Blouse: Cotton On, Boots: Arkival Threads

DSC_0016

DSC_0017

DSC_0015

DSC_0023


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love how you've paired lace over lace, and that pale purple dress you've got on is just the loveliest shade! && ahaha, I can relate to being a little.. hmm.. shy when there are meddling (or not so meddling) kids or people around! I'm just glad my mom lets me drag her places to take pictures. One day, I'll be on my own though.. you're so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in that purple lace dress!!! You always look so pretty in all your dresses!

    Marja
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo this is chloe's dress? the color is so pretty! and i love the lace on lace idea. also, darling addition of the brooch!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Practice makes passable" is gonna be my new motto. I am still giggling a little, haha. Anyway, look at you rockin' the lace! I love that dress, so congrats on the steal. (: Chloe was crazy to give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you always add a little touch of "you" to every outfit! You make them super cute and it's a shame the snow melted :( there was like... light rain today, but that's nothing compared to snow!

    Love,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this combo. The dress & shirt are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love lace! i fantasize about a lace wedding dress from time to time and scope ideas on the internet. and no.. i'm not engaged.. or even thinking about marriage, other than what i'm going to wear! lol, anyway, in the meantime, i need to get my hands on some lace garments to feed my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress is fabulous. you look lovely. taking your own photos is hard. if i didn't have a remote, i don't know what i'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is a gorgeous color! It goes perfectly with the cream blouse underneath. I love that the park you're in is called Sleepy Hollow; I was just thinking the other day how I would like to live in a place with a name like that--imagine getting to write that on all your letters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful, I adore lace and I love the colors here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!