Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kitchen Sink

DSC_0421
Well, it seems that winter has finally arrived in New York. It's roughly -8,000 degrees today, and I am comically bundled, as you can see, and look about ready for an arctic hiking expedition. If those exist. Even though part of me wanted to wear a skirt today, that was not happening. I'm sure it will happen at some point when I get bored of pants and decide to just brave the cold, but for now, corduroys it is. Upon looking at these photos one phrase came to mind: everything but the kitchen sink. Because I'm pretty much wearing everything but the kitchen sink, and if I could figure out how to wear a kitchen sink in a way that it would keep me warm, I'd wear that too. I didn't realize how...colorful this outfit was until reviewing the photos, but you know. I've convinced myself it's fine, mostly because I just wanted to run back into the house and hide under thirty blankets rather than change my outfit and take more pictures.


Oh! And I totally spaced out on making a reminder about the whole Q&A video business. If you have a question you'd like me to answer, just leave it in the comments and I'll put up a video sometime this week/early next week answering them :)

Blouse, coat: H&M, Sweater: Madewell, Jeans: Topshop, Boots: Famous Footwear, Scarf: JCPenney, Hat: Hot Topic

DSC_0434

DSC_0438

DSC_0432

DSC_0424


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

12 comments:

  1. PUT YOUR JACKET BACK ON...you're making me cold just looking at you in nothing but a sweater and some layers! But seriously, colorful is the only way to go when its this crazy cold! It keeps you from feeling like a Dementor is breathing down your neck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair in these photos! The little curl is adorable. And the cold really set down in Philadelphia as well this week! I'm missing the unseasonably warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love love love q&a's. What are your favourite novels? Dream career? In another life, what would you study, what would be your " another life" career? Biggest fear? Your five favourite things( not people). Three biggest regrets? What makes you happy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitchen sinks make great hats, you know. So if you ever want to use it in your next hiking expedition outfit... you can totz go for it. ;) But augh! You look like a bundle of warm joy. I adore the knitted scarf and gloves-- they add such a homey touch and are adorable! Stay warm, O frozen one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is unbearingly, bone-chillingly cold. Especially this morning at 3:00 am when I stood outside for an hour because of the meteor shower. I was wearing my thickest sweater, my warmest knee-length puffer, a gigantic fleece over that, a huge cable-knit scarf over my face, and my UGGs and I still shivered. It's going to be warm again starting tomorrow and warm meaning 40s range.

    I'm in love with your bag! It looks like it would work as a great camera bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look adorbz. when i was in ny/east coast for wintertime two years ago, i was comically bundled up every day. wearing bright obnoxious colors. i think color helps.

    ALSO I WANT THAT JACKET BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF LINDSEY WEIR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last photo is fucking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! super bundled up! it actually feels warmer here than it has been in the past weeks. in the 60s in the middle of the day! haha. you look really cute. :) i adore that striped sweater!

    question: do you play an instruments?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cozy!! You look adorable and stay warm at the same time. Fantastic :) An those gloves are adorable <3 (actually, YOU're adorable!)
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bundled and comfy cozy!! I love it! The scarf is my favorite...it looks vintage:) I know what you mean though...it's been negative degrees here and I can barely stand to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww you look very cute in all of your knitted layers! I am really loving your hair lately too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I think this is really cute! I love how the sweater and scarf look together! I would not survive in that kind of weather...although I do enjoy wearing scarves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!