Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cinder and Smoke

DSC_0019
Today has been deliciously rainy. I say deliciously, because it's given me a good excuse to drink lots of vanilla biscotti coffee. And also because I may be heading out for a really fatty dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. While I love food, rainy days make me want to eat even more than usual. Other things rainy days make me want to do: cozy up in the library with some quality reading (check) listen to a whole lot of Iron&Wine (check check), and wear one of my comfiest sweaters (check check check). Also, thanks to you guys who read my writers block post. It's really been what's been weighing most heavily on me lately, so I really wanted to write about it and maybe (hopefully) help someone out in the process.

Dress: H&M, Sweater: Madewell, Shoes: Dolce Vita via Marshall's

DSC_0017

DSC_0014

DSC_0018

DSC_0030

DSC_0012



Until tomorrow,
Nicole

13 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!! Beautiful look, I loved your sweater
    kisses rose jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole you look lovely and adorable!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute shoes! I'm sad...it's not raining over here any more. ;( I'm jealous of your coziness too. Tonight shall be spent studying and not be cozy or comfy for me!

    I enjoy your mixing of patterns!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I love every individual piece of this outfit! But put together they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look cute as a button!! I love that sweater/dress combo!! I also know what you mean about those rainy days. They just make me want to be lazy while eating loads of snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited that I found your blog...you are so darling nad you've got impeccable style! LOVE this sweater (mustard yellow kick right now) esp paired with the patterned skirt. And those shoes are really cute! Following you now :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i kind of love this look. it's casual but chic and still is totally you. i wish it was actually raining here still. but it's all sunny and idk how to dress because i'm weird. i need a cozy library rainy day to do homework and listen to iron and wine. i'll probably do that tonight. omg listen to the moth and the flame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look, the sweater looks really cozy and it's got great colours. Also your hair is so cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of like the idea that a rainy day can be delicious. All too many times I let the rain bum me out...but your positive spin makes it seem not to bad:) Vanilla biscotti coffee sounds de-lish and I had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake tonight myself and it was perfectly fatty, sweet, and delectable indeed!

    Enough rambling...your outfit is perfect! That is both a beautiful sweater and use of pattern mixing.

    As I'm way behind in blog reading, I am going to read your writers block post now:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole, the queen of mixing patterns has done it again! :) Is that a tiny cat print on your skirt?! It's too precious! I love how you wore the white loafers to make them pop even more. I need to find a comfy pair of white shoes. You are simply adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing skirt and great sweater, love the shoes too

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalFebruary 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    This is such an adorable and comfy outfit Nicole! Love the pattern mixing and all the colors and your shoes! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!