Monday, January 16, 2012

I Was Just Some Tow-Head Teen

DSC_0019

Every day on my drive home from school, I pass by this small lake perched between the highway and a grubby looking suburb. Today I was driving the same route and decided to stop off to take some outfit photos. The water is just barely frozen over, so it's got this odd, pearly sheen to it. As I expected, there was a bit of garbage strewn about the surrounding are (including a suspicious whole trash bag?) but there were far more leaves and downed branches covering the ground. I would have stayed and explored a bit more, particularly because there was a playground with a tire swing, but it was just far too cold for my tights-clad legs to deal with for more than just a short time.

Oh, and before I forget, I added a few things to my blog shop, so pop on over if you like.

Skirt: Urban Outfitters + DIY, Sweater, Coat: Urban Outfitters, Blouse: Nordstrom Rack, Tights: We Love Colors, Boots: Famous Footwear

DSC_0017

DSC_0020

DSC_0016

DSC_0009


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

12 comments:

  1. your hair looks so cute ruffled in the wind... heheh. :) and this is a pretty location. i should drive places and be more creative with my outfit shots like this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutest girlll. i've been keeping an eye out for more scenic locations for my blog posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I both want the cold weather and want it to go away. I never seem to be satisfied, haha. Congrats on finding a lovely place to snap some photos, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you scout out little locations to take pictures. I definitely need to be more adventerous and do so myself.. anyway, your outfit is lovely. I adore that jacket (yes, I've said it before but I do!) because it makes you look like the cutest of eskimos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalJanuary 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM

    Your last two posts make me think of NY in a whole new way. Who knew that such gorgeous, scenic places could exist in such a famous city? :) Love that last photo of you! You are such a cutie patootie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creepy. I swore at first that we have the same dress–but then I saw that yours is a skirt. (http://hellolark.com/2011/11/25/bloom/) Love the collar peeking out and the comfy sweater :) Also, your hair looks pretty awesome with the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://hellolark.com/2011/11/25/bloom/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hair, it looks a little curly. And your skirt...plaid and pockets, wonderful :)
    The place also looks great...but gosh, why would stupid people ruin a place like that with garbage?
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this look, the colors are perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really into your cropped sweater, I need to go thrifting and find me one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!