Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Too Much Information


Hello there! I would just like to start this post in typical old lady fashion by saying man, oh, man am I TIRED. I think I'm just worn out from not giving myself much of a break this weekend (including yesterday, since I almost have Mondays off). Usually, I'm very lazy on the weekends, don't get much work done, you know. But this weekend was so hectic with going out as well as staying in and getting as much work done as I could. And I'm still not done! Ah well. I did give myself a break on Sunday night to finally watch Howl's Moving Castle. Zak and I have started this tradition of watching a Hayao Miyazaki movie together pretty much every weekend. I think we've seen about five? We've watched Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, The Cat Returns, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, and now Howl's Moving Castle (whoops, that's six isn't it? I hate you, math). So, I don't want to gush too much, but I really loved this movie! It's one of my favorites now. All of the characters were great, the plot was engaging, and the world in the story was just so interesting. Also, I may now have a slight crush on the main character, Howl. I probably shouldn't disclose my love of animated characters (when I told my friends back in, oh, third-ish grade that I was in love with Ash Ketchum I was met with quite the stares), but Howl is kind of dreamy and wonderful. NO SHAME.

Now that I've disclosed a piece of information that has undoubtedly made some of you stare confusedly at your computer screens, I'm going to do something safe (normal) and talk about my outfit. I wore this dress, a party dress, just to go meet with a teacher at school. That's all. Then I spent the rest of the day inside, working and maybe napping. While in the dress. I had to wake up fairly early, the weather was in the SEVENTIES, and I just wanted something easy and pretty. Hence, party dress. I repeat, no shame.

Dress, Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: H&M
Belt: Target
Fox pin: Three Blooms on Etsy





Until Tomorrow,
Nicole

25 comments:

  1. hows moving castle is my favorite one!!! followed closely by spirited away. <3
    you look adorably foxy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look aaaaamazing. That dress fits you so perfectly & gosh it's gorgeous!! You're such a doll. I've only seen two Miyazaki movies, but I really wanna see more! I can't watch 'em without my cousin though or she gets mad (hehe she's so obsessed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that dress is too dressy for a meeting! I love it! I've eyed it at urban forever but it never wants to go on sale at the one here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely dress hun


    ps. I would like to invite you to the first giveaway on blog!

    xx
    deni

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that i now have a blog friend to talk about howl with! i've seen all those movies except for princess mononoke. but i've seen castle in the sky! i grew up on my neighbor totoro and kiki's delivery service.

    also, super cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the dress, and think it's not overly party-ish.

    As for Howl, I also had (have?) a big crush on him. Gorgeous voice and hair! Can't stand Cristian Bale in real life though. Also, I adore the musical score to Howl's Moving Castle. You should read the book; my sister finally made me read it and it's great! A bit different from the movie, but probably better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress. The fox pin is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a pretty dress!! I'm glad you wore it "just because"!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh. The top of your dress is so geometric--It reminds me of half folded origami. Tehe, and your cute little fox is hanging out again too. I'm so jealous that you don't have to wear tights. Kiki's delivery service is my other favorite Miyazaki movie. Then it's super super sad, but I would also strongly suggest watching Grave of the Fireflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I have a crush on Howl too! XD
    You look really cute in this dress! I really wish I had more opportunities to wear party dresses. :'D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to start watching these Hayao Miyazaki movies! there is no shame in having crushes on cartoon characters :) adore your dresss, so pretty and the fox is just wonderfuil

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I haven't had a crush on animated characters I still like them. I love the dress on you. You look so pretty. That fox kills me every time, he is just so cute.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  13. The weekends were born for relaxation and zen. I look forward to sleeping, napping, drinking, eating more than normal, and just putting my body into rest mode.

    Then the week is awful! You are lovely x


    sugar plum kisses~
    amy x
    www.amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahaha you're so lovely! of course I didn't look at my screen with confusion! Actually it's amazing to learn what stuff you're into. I kinda like Ash too! <3 and that dress is stunning! I do mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, that dress is the coolest thing ever. It's so unique! Second, I'm like obsessed with anime. I used to draw anime people all the time when I was a youngster. Ash Ketchum is dead sexy and I had a strong desire to look like Misty haha. Try to take in how cool I am.

    I must see this movie you are talking about! I've seen all the others and I would definitely love it. I'm SO happy you have heard of Kiki's delivery service!! That is one of my favorites and so little people I know have heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really in love with that dress. I would totally wear it to a meeting. Very, very cute. I love lazy weekends as well...nothing better. I am such an old lady at times as well..no shame in that:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a good job at taking a party dress and turning into something more daytime. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love you and I really did read this post, but I feel like I should simply disclose my first thought when you popped up on bloglovin:

    "Damn.. she has lost so much weight! She is shrinking!!!"

    You are beautiful no matter what, but just know that I can see a real difference, and your hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your dress! The detail is so lovely!

    xo, Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a lovely dress! you look so pretty :)
    I was in love with kenshin from the anime "ruroni kenshin" for the longest time ever, so i understand

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute dress :) I really like the shoes you're wearing too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This dress is so fun to look at! It looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This dress is lovely on you. I enjoy reading your blog a lot and decided to become another of your loyal followers :)

    Thank you for mentioning, now I won't feel as silly for liking the male characters in the Japanese RPG game Persona 3...

    Margaret
    http://myvisionsfugitives.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. watch POM POKO!!!! It's so weird but so good (it is a studio ghibli film). My sons love POnyo and The cat returns. Have you seen whispers from the heart? it goes in line with The Cat Returns yet it in a different storyline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!