Thursday, April 21, 2011

Should We Talk About the Weather?

IMG_6491edit

Hello there! So, I'm currently at home, since today is my super late school day. I decided to come home for my four hour break in between classes instead of staying at school all day until nine o' clock. The problem with that, though, is that I totally don't want to go back for my later classes! My mom's currently on Easter break, and having her at home makes me feel like I, too, should be on Easter break, but alas, I am not. Also, I've just been feeling extremely disillusioned with school lately. I'm having trouble making myself really care about what I'm learning. I suppose I'll just blame it on there only being three more weeks in the semester?

Anyway, yesterday I was complaining about the weather and griping about how badly I wanted to not wear tights anymore. So, today I manned up and refused to wear tights. Sure, it's a little cold, but I really needed one day of tightslessness to hold me over until the weather decides to finally warm up for the season. I have to say, I really thought I would never find a way to wear this vest. It was one of those purchases where in the store you're all "THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GARMENT I'VE EVER SEEN. I MUST HAVE IT FOR MY OWN!" and then you get home and you're all, "wait, what?" This dress is so light that it needed just a bit of color, and I think the vest does the job alright.

Dress: Salvation Army
Vest: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Ruche
Trench: H&M

IMG_6489edit

IMG_6488edit

IMG_6484edit


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

17 comments:

  1. So cute! This outfit feels very much like Easter. I wish I was home for a little break but there's so much to do in the next 10 days! I can't believe you have a 4 hour break between classes! That's way too long and I can see how you don't want to go back. On Thursdays I don't have class until 3 which should mean I do lots of work before class but usually I sit around and do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so excited only 3 weeks left! Time has seemed to just fly by for me as I have been patiently waiting for school to get out so that I'd get a social life back! (well it flies for me since I'm not in school. lol, you guys in school probably have way different feelings!)

    The vest is such a pretty shade of purple. It goes very well with the dress.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, it was seriously SO nice! It just kind of went and proved my point. If I had told real-life friends that problem, they wouldn't know what I'm talking about or care to understand. But online people just get it.
    I, too, am delighted to have met you through blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, those shoes are the cutest. adorable outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of your ability to take nice pictures outside today. The weather ruled and I've been so mega busy. I have to go back to work in an hour boo. I loled at the part about the confusion with what to do with something that you think you need haha. I always feel that way about random things I buy. I love the vest here and that dress is adorable! Can't believe it's salvation army. Ohhh and I'm really sad that it's going to get too hot to wear tights. It makes my soul hurt. I love tights =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. this is going in my tumblr stat. i love the colors so much!! i went tightless today too, even though it was quite chilly. i just can't do tights any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! i absolutely LOVE this outfit! the dress is just so precious and i think it was a great decision to add the vest... :)

    happy thursday!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I have a similar yellow vest from Urban Outfitters (but it is far more awkward) that I can never figure out what to wear it with! I thought it was amazing on the rack but I haven't worn it once! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the colour combo of this outfit very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty layering! I hate long gaps between classes too...that's why I make myself schedule them all in a string. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is my regular shopping experience of fawning over it in the store but upon closer examination realizing you may have been wrong. but i think this piece is a far cry from the last scenario, its a lovely vest with a great colour. pretty dress. good on you for braving the cold tightless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vest is perfect and the dress is so 60s--I LOVE IT! And I applaud you for braving the weather. I'm probably going to stick to my sheer nude tights until the chill finally breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. can i have your dress? :P
    ahh..you look beautiful.
    i seriously need to hit up my salvation army and see if i can find some goodies!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit :) Florals + vest? yes please. I've been looking for a cute vest to layer over dresses, because the ones I have are either too dressy for summer, or they're older ones from highschool that reach almost to my knees. Not feeling it. Your hair flower is so so perfect too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denim and florals--such a good pair for Spring! You sure look like you're in Spring even though the weather isn't cooperating. Hopefully Mother Nature saw your rebellion and will give into your wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen! This cold/rainy combination of weather stuffs has got to go. It's spring- this needs to be low 70's and sunshine to give our tights a break! As much as I love how tights bring character to outfits, my legs are just dying for some breathing room. They don't even care how pale they are!

    The vest definitely brings a perfect amount of color to that cute, floral dress. You're just too adorable for words :)

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!