Friday, April 22, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

IMG_6503edit


Hello there! So I'm quite happy that it's finally Friday! I'm looking forward to some relaxing and, of course a nice Easter holiday with my family. Is it bad I already know what I'm wearing? Haha. Of course, since the semester's winding down (three more weeks - crazy!) there's going to have be plenty of time devoted to work this weekend. It's such a strange thing to simultaneously want summer vacation to arrive and at the same time want more time to get my work done! Ah, well. I know all of the stress will be worth it in the end (hopefully)!

So, as you can see, I FINALLY tried the tights with open shoes trend. I've been wanting to for a while, but I felt weird about wearing white wedges (alliteration parade!) before spring arrived. I just bought a pair of even higher heels from Forever 21 but since I'm too scared to wear them yet (I am a super clutz!) I opted for these shoes, and I think they worked nicely with the rest of the outfit. I actually put this outfit together in my head, and luckily it looked like I had hoped! Don't you love when that happens?

Top: Goodwill
Jacket: Salvation Army
Skirt, Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Tights: Gift
Hat: Modcloth

IMG_6502edit

IMG_6504edi

IMG_6507edit



Until tomorrow,
Nicole

16 comments:

  1. So cute! the hat is super adorable and those tights look so comfy and cozy!
    -Jaz
    http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH. Nicoole--you look so amazingly happy today :) And your outfit is super duper cute with the bright teal and the tights+open toed shoes. I've been looking for a pair of strappy wedges, but haven't found THE ones yet. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, cute! That's such a pretty blouse, and I think the open shoes look great with the tights. I tried tights with peep-toe shoes for the first time recently too...it's weird to make the leap, but I've seen so many outfits where it totally makes sense. I also love the alliteration bit in this post...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love planning out outfits in my head. I'm glad this one worked out for you too. I love the white and turquoise. The grey stockings is a nice nuetral. I vote yay for tights with sandals. Especially for spring in nyc Happy weekend...looking forward to your Easter outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, i'm just loving your blog more and more! you are so cute. love everything, but the hat + jean jacket + wedges are the bestttt. <3

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahahaha your alliteration parade comment made me laugh so hard! I am in love with your wedges! They look good with tights! I am gonna wear my new yellow sandals with tights soon :) Love that hat on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh super cute outfit! love your skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is probably one of my favorite outfits so far. I love the shoes, and the top is so beautiful. And yes, it is amazing when outfits you plan in your head turn out good.
    You look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this trend! I feel a bit funny wearing wedges or heels around campus, but the tights and wedges look really cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some white shoes and I can never figure out how to wear them! I always feel like they draw attention but you really pulled them off! They look so balance with your skirt. Thanks for giving me an idea on how to style them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is insanely adorable! Good for you for trying new things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your shoes are absolutely gorgeous!!! soooo gorgeous!!! and i love the denim jacket!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That denim jacket is an amazing thrift store find. You can wear it a million different ways. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so laid-back yet cool! The hat is a nice polish and the tights+open-toed shoes don't look weird at all. I like how you mixed neutrals together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how cute!!!



    happy holidays!!!
    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. very coool mix up! the denim jacket and open toed tights thing are majorly awesome. it looks put together so well. It contrasts but works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!