Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Casual Wednesdays


Hello there! So, today I really just needed to be comfortable. I had a crummy class, it was rainy out, and I was went straight from class to dinner with a friend (which was lovely!). Generally, I feel more comfortable in a skirt than I do in pants, but today I just wanted to be casual and cozy, and these corduroy pants were calling my name. I almost didn't photograph this outfit because, well, it's too ordinary I suppose. Then, I realized I was being ridiculous. I thought Kallie's post, where she talks about days where she just doesn't want to dress up and whether or not she wants to photograph those outfits, and remembered that this blog is, in fact, for myself and to document what I wear on a daily basis. Sure, I didn't wear platforms or a peter pan collar or whatever, but it's silly to measure what I wear in terms of whether or not it is "blog-worthy." All my outfits are worthy of posting, because I wear them, and a daily style blog is about posting what you put together, simple or crazy. Anyway, I'm rambling, just got home, and have a ton of work I should do (though I'll probably just give up and settle down to criminal minds and frozen yogurt) so I think that's my cue to end this post!

Top: Urban Outfitters
Cords: Espirit
Trench: H&M
Shoes: Mom's




Until Tomorrow,
Nicole

15 comments:

  1. Stop reading my mind jeeeze. I was just pondering about how I always think that I have to be wearing something extra special for a blog post. However, some of my favorite outfits are really quite simple! I think I will do a post of a more ordinary outfit soon. Sometimes it's the cozy ones that are really the best.I think your top is super cute and very pretty coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outfit and I love that you posted because this is more like something I'd wear on a daily basis. You don't have to dress up because I'm sure I'm not the only girl out there that likes dressing down and being comfortable for sitting through classes. I really want to get some black pants. They're at least a little more dressy than jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely "blog-worthy"! the striped shirt with trench is so classic together and of course black. simple some days is the way to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like simple outfits like these! We all need to just be cozy once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the right attitude about blogging--it's something I definitely need to adopt! Even on casual, cozy days you still manage to look cute and put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE this jacket! And so sorry you had a crummy day :( at least it ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sporting a cute look lady!! I love the black skinny cords with that striped top. It's seem Parisian to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I just mentioned you in my newest blog post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone needs to be comfy every once in a while! you just manage to look absolutely adorable while doing so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look so much!!

    First time here, have followed yr blog, just wondering will you follow mine as well?

    www.mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable little sweater. I love this outfit.

    I think it's easy to forget the point of a personal style blog in many ways. I've only just recently started posting outfits and before I bit that bullet there were a few months of agonising over it and rethinking it, worrying about what readers might think and if I might be judged in certain ways or whatever. Then I had to give myself a mental bitch slap and remind myself, firmly, that if I'm not maintaining the blog for ME first and foremost then there really is no point. May as well post outfits and sod the rest.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe ordinary but chic and cute, love it, you absolutely should post outfits like this.

    Kel @ ser·en·dip·i·ty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every time you wear this jacket I smack myself in the head for STILL not wearing mine. I just need to so badly!!! Ahhh! It looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Criminal Minds!!!!!!
    Sorry, fangirl moment for Matthew Gray Gubler. Forgive me.

    Can I just take this moment to say that you have THE most perfect bangs? I'm jealous.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!