Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Mile A Minute

IMG_6420edit

Hello there! I wanted to do a quick little post tonight to give my brain a bit of a rest from all of the stress and craziness I'm currently feeling! Today, I worked a shift at the poetry festival and saw my first reading of the festival. It was really a great experience. Hearing others read their work makes me feel a bit inadequate, but mostly, it gives me such an incredible feeling of happiness. To hear someone read their own poetry is a pretty wonderful thing. Now, I'm freaking out about my reading tomorrow! I'm so very nervous about the whole thing, even though I know it's a good experience. I can't help but feel my poems aren't good enough and that no one wants to hear them. After this post I'm going to practice my reading again, and I guess just hope for the best tomorrow. It's funny how it will only be about 15-20 of my life but I'm stressing over it so much. Oh well, I guess it's just in my nature.


Anyway, I wore this outfit yesterday just to go over to Zak's house. I didn't do all that much except watch tv and eat Chinese food and Ben&Jerry's (diet? what diet?). I guess I just like to dress up?

Top, Trench: H&M
Skirt, Flats: Urban Outfitters
Tights: Hue

IMG_6427edit

IMG_6426edi

IMG_6430edit


Until Tomorrow,
Nicole

15 comments:

  1. Ben and Jerry's! Oh, the delectable flavors. Not too friendly for the waistline, but how can I help it? You're outfit is lovely. The necklace looks great against the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm. Ben and Jerry's :) My friend and I went to free scoop day the other day. Bliss! And the line wasn't even that long--probably took about five minutes.I love that drapey top. Especially when it's belted like that. The color is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is BEAUTIFUL. Oh my gosh. You look so pretty! My advice for your poem reading? Wear your favorite outfit in the ENTIRE world and wear your lucky underwear and some crazy socks. It'll make you feel more confident I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit looks so soft and pretty! I love the photo of you next to the bush full of blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute outfit! I love how soft and flowy the top is :)
    -Jaz
    http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds unbelievably nerve-wracking! But I'm sure you'll be great, and I'm sure that everyone else feels equally nervous and inadequate. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit, love the colour and detail of that top

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing wrong with liking to dress up, you look so sweet.
    Good luck for today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great mix of colors:) And you're going to do great when you read yours. Your writing on your blog is good so why not your poetry! Break a leg:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at your poetry reading! I hope it goes well and you're not too nervous. I get really nervous and worry about a lot of things like that too. Your glasses and blouse are so cute! I bet your boy appreciated you dressing up for no special reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful colours! love the pink and maroon together. pretty outfit. good luck with your reading! I know this won't quell all the nerves but your a fantastic writer and you're going to be terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the outfit. I hope your reading goes well. I bet your writing is amazing but you are just too modest to admit it :)
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  14. ph i just love your coral top and those glasses are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE how you belted your beautiful top! i never would have thought of doing that, but it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!