Sunday, April 10, 2011

Playing Catch Up


Hello there! So, I have been incredibly MIA this whole weekend, and I'm just as incredibly sorry! I've had a hectic past few days, and I foresee myself having a hectic week and next weekend as well. On Friday, I had an interview with The Poetry Brothel, and am now their intern! It's rather exciting, and I just hope I can do a good job for them! Yesterday, I wore this outfit, and did a lot of eating and a lot of work. In the morning, my parents and I headed out to a lovely little farmers market. It was too good. Seriously. I came home with a small loaf of pumpkin bread (DELICIOUS), a quiche (DELICIOUS), and a chicken pot pie (SO DELICIOUS). Just to clear my name, I didn't eat all of this in one sitting. Maybe two, though. And I shared! Maybe.. Anyway, there was also a small church run thrift store right nearby where I picked up two dresses for eight dollars total that I can't wait to wear! They're about midi-length (if I'm using this fashion term correctly?) And I really like how they look. I generally opt for shorter dresses, but I like these the way they are! After that, we got hot dogs at this semi-famous hot dog stand, Walter's hot dogs, and later that night went out for dinner at the Black Whale again. I told you I mostly ate! Throughout the day I also did a whole mess of work. I had (read have) a ton of homework, my first assignment for my internship, and some things to do for the poetry festival next weekend. My head is absolutely spinning! I'm going to try to keep commenting on your blogs, but if I fall apart this week, just know that I love you all and your wonderful blogs, even if my comments are lacking!

Also, just a few things to mention! The lovely Vickie of Adventures in Fashion chose me as her Sunday Spotlight blogger! When I found out, I was just so excited! Thanks again Vickie. Also, I've reached 200 followers (or at least I did when I last checked)! So, hooray! Be on the lookout for a giveaway soon :)

Top: Nordstrom Rack
Pants: H&M
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Bag: Giveaway prize from Myriam at Myriad of Mischief





Tiny pies from the farmers market! I just had to include them. They were too cute not to post!


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

24 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly loving this whole outift. the high waisted pants and just everything working as one. love. anything from a farmer's market gets me! so delicious. congrats on the internship! I'm sure you'll do great work for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit, you look fab, congrats on the internship, and that bread looks yummy - i love food markets!

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those trousers on you! Btw do you have a different make-up here? I'm asking because it seems to me like your eyes somehow pop and look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your internship sounds so exciting! Congrats! I went to a farmer's market this weekend too. They're my favorite. I have a meal plan so I never buy anything but next year I plan on buying fresh local produce to cook in my apartment. I love your pants too! I'm looking for some new ones. They'll be great for internship work wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the big things I miss about being home is getting to go to the local farmer's market with my family; really looking forward to going over the summer! The bread you picked up looks delicious!
    Congrats on the internship! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, your floral blouse is so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the outfit. Congrats on your feature!
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the feature and reaching 200 followers! yaysss. I love your wasted pants. I have this odd thing where I am never wearing pants haha. I need to start. I sometimes even think tights are pants. Which isn't appropriate or normal. I always go MIA on the weekends too because I stay by my boyfriend's house and I try to acknowledge his existence lol. If I went on blogger, he would think I hated him. Once I start on the computer, there's no stopping. =p

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute outfit!! it looks seriously adorable on you! loving your blog so much i'm following!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are so cute and I adore the blue pants! I am drooling over your day! Lots of yummy food, I love farmers markets, I am hoping to get in the habit of going again when school gets out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this style of pants in the spring, especially rolled up like this. They remind me of girls in the fifties, particularly Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the highwaisted pants looks super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute trousers! and yummm muffins :D
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. CHICKEN POT PIE oh my I am so hungry right now...!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so 50's, I love the trousers and the top. Need to get one pair of chinos like those since the ones I have don't really suit me very well. Hope you have a nice week! And congrats on your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh, love going to the farmers market it's so much fun. I always love loading up on yummy food, it's a personal fave. And as for your outfit? Well it's just the sweetest thing ever, love it. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  17. love those pants!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pants are too good! They're so flattering on you and so versatile! I can already picture it with a nautical look! I love your hair wavy like that! I wish mine would do that hehe :) Those pies look delicious! Congrats on the internship and on reaching 200 followers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love your hairstyle (and the outfit too!). When I dare cut it, I think I will style my my hair juste like yours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look absolutely gorgeous, as always. This week sounds like quite the exciting one-- I'm so proud of you miss intern! You'll have t let me know how it is in our letters! (I've yet to write back, eep!)

    And curse you and your yummy pies... now I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are SO pretty! I love those pants on you!! I have 'em too! Great minds. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your outfit!

    Would look equally nice with lacy ankle socks, moccasins, and the blouse buttoned to the top. Well, very English at least. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!