Friday, June 10, 2011

The Bare Minimum

IMG_6287edit

So, if all goes according to plan and blogger listens to me, by the time this post is up I should be on my way to Cape Cod! Zak's family decided to take a spontaneous overnight trip to Cape Cod and asked me to come along! I love Cape Cod, and I've been going with Zak's family for the past few years, so I'll never refuse a trip if I can help it. We'll just be staying one night, so I should have a post up Saturday night. I'm kind of looking forward to a little relief from the heat (seventies instead of almost one hundred!) so that should be good :)

Anyway, this is what I wore yesterday. Boy, was it hot. I think I heard the weatherman discussing something along the lines of "record breaking temperatures." So, the world is lucky I even got dressed at all yesterday. I originally was just wearing this skirt and blouse, but I just felt like something was missing. So, I thought to myself, "What Can I add to this outfit without making myself melt even more than I already am?" A vest! I think things came together fairly nicely, considering my lack of desire to wear anything more than a swimsuit.

Top: H&M
Skirt: Delia's
Vest: Salvation Army
Shoes, bag: Urban Outfitters

IMG_6290dit

IMG_6297edit

IMG_6295edit


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

14 comments:

  1. Oooh hope you have a great mini trip to Cape Cod! Can't wait to read about it. :D

    That's a lovely skirt and I'm jealous of your flats, you have seriously worn them with everything!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit, looks great for the hot weather! Hope you have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you decided to incorporate your vest, keeping in mind that you didn't want to get pile on a bunch of stuff on with the crazy hot weather. Such a cute outfit! :D

    x, I

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, i love cape cod! such a pretty part of the country! and i'm excited you'll get some relief from this heat. it's been horrible in the DC area! have fun! (love your skirt!) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous! You get to take spontaneous trips to places like Cape Cod. I love traveling (road trips mostly) but I don't get to do them very often at all. As soon as I get my license I am for sure going to take day trips to some places I've had my eye on.
    Well I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I hope you have a lovely time :D This is such a lovely outfit. I love that you were able to work in a tiny bit of layering despite the crazy heat. It's still so cloudy and drizzly where I am, so I'm a tiny bit jealous. Though I guess I wouldn't be too happy if it were scorching.

    I want to steeeaaal your skirt, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That print on the skirt is really cute, and I hope you have a great time at Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and sipmle:) you looks really fresh haha.
    -Jaz
    http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see your pictures from Cape Cod! And I can't even imagine adding the vest in a heatwave! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to venture up to Cape Cod. I love your outfit..sweet and simplistic. The jean vest works perfectly. Have fun darling! xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. the skirt is so cute :) have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loveeeeee this skirt!! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vest is a great layering piece to your skirt! It looks fantastic.

    I'm praying that it won't be this hot throughout summer... I really really hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Road trip/mini vacay sounds amazing! I had one with my boyfriend this weekend too! I hope you got to go!!! I'd love to visit Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!