Friday, August 5, 2011

My Love, I Am The Speed of Sound

DSC_0423


The weather in Cape Cod has been a bit chilly lately, meaning less time in the lake and more time playing board games and traveling around. Yesterday, we went to a thrift store I really like, where I bought a blouse (though it seems to be a smidge too small on my bulbous chest) and a cool purse. And, of course, we've been continuing our mini-golf tour of the cape. All in all, it's been a fun vacation, but I feel so lazy! My family's vacations are always packed with events. We try to squeeze as much into a week as is humanly possible. Zak's family is a lot more normal, and takes their vacations slowly and actually relax. I guess I'm just used to running around like a maniac on vacation. Ah well. What are your vacations like? Fast paced or relaxing? Both are wonderful in their own ways.

Blouse, Shorts: H&M, Jacket: Salvation Army, Thoreau pin!: Berkeley book store

DSC_0431

DSC_0424

DSC_0433

DSC_0435


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

9 comments:

  1. I'm a bit of a rush-arounder on vacation, though often I'm rushing to do relaxing things ("must get here and have an ice cream and then here and have a coffee outdoors") Hehe, a bit daft really. Really don't think I could take the mini-golf though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents are do-as-many-things-as-possible people, but I just like relaxing! The last time we went to Paris we saw as many touristy things as we can possibly see, but we agreed that on our next trip there we will just sit in cafes all day, since we got all the touristy stuff out of the way, hehe :)

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a little bit of both is the best way to go--you keep busy, but you know when to stop and enjoy what's around you :) I'm glad to hear you're relaxing before school starts though! Every time I see you in this denim jacket, it reminds me how much I still need/want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me want to pull out my denim jacket and wear it, but it's over 100 degrees here! Adorable as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy kicking back, and relaxing on vacations. But, the last vacation time I took was to see my boyfriend's sister get married, and it was crazy all that week. I only got to sleep in once out of the 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about to start a family vacation tomorrow and I am so excited! I haven't seen mom since May, and I can't wait to go explore DC. It sounds like your trip is packed to the brim with fun. I am loving the simplicity of your shirt and shirt combo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute! I'm so jealous of that shirt. I wanted it so badly but could never find an H&M with one in my size. Which is really sad, considering I work there! They just sold way to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so perfect! I never have any idea how to dress casually. Seriously. I can doll myself up in dresses and skirts, but when it comes time to a simple pair of shorts, I'm befuddled! It sounds like you're having an amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!