Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Final Goat

Today, as I was flipping through one of my Billy Collins books, looking for a poem I hadn't read yet, I came across one called "Endangered." I love all of his poetry, and this was no exception. The last phrase of the poem is "the final goat," and since the poem is still wandering around in my head, I figured I would entitle this post accordingly. By the way, If you like poetry and haven't checked out Billy Collins yet, I highly suggest his work!

Speaking of goats, I was supposed to go to the Central Park Zoo with my sister tonight but, alas, she has to work late tonight so we can't go. So, instead of moping, I got dressed and decided to go take some outfit photos. For those who don't know me, I am a shy, quiet girl who does not enjoy drawing attention to herself in any way. Despite my trepidations, I threw my tripod case over my shoulder and trekked over to my neighborhood's public park. Despite being early-ish in the day, there were a significant amount of people. But, I found my spot (on the hopscotch section, no less) and tried to have a good time. I even played a little hopscotch myself! I got some funny looks, especially since some of the kids in the park knew me because the school my mother teaches at was right across the street, but it was still a lot of fun :)







Shirt: Delia's, Jeans: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Urban Outfitters, Bow: Claire's, Ring: Gift from sister




Hopscotching!



Until tomorrow,
Nicole :)

11 comments:

  1. i haven't yet looked into billy collins - thanks for the heads up. cute ensemble too...love the location...hop scotch!
    <3
    mamushka marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your photo location! i miss hop-scotch! :) your headband is adorable! bravo for taking photos in public! i'm still antsy about it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your plaid shirt!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING your bow :) SO cute. Haha, i hate taking pictures in public! You are courageous :) cute blogg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so with you on the shy thing; I'm PAINFULLY shy. I haven't been brave enough to venture out around the neighborhood to take pictures yet, but I did finally just get up the courage to ask my brother to take the pictures for me instead of having to set up the camera, haha. You're outfit is so cute today! And that ring is stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so cute! love this whole outfit. I've had my eye on those shoes at UO for a while now and this is making me really want to buy them, they're so cute on ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the hopscotch location! makes me want to jump and go to the playground. ;D and i love your outfit here! great emsemble!

    lovely blog as well!
    erin :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. great shoes girl!;)

    http://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are fantastic ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. I would just like you to know that these shoes are also amazing.

    My mental strategy for tripod photos is "If someone walks in on me, I'll tell them I'm doing a project for my art class."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!