Thursday, June 7, 2012

Elephants

june 7 4


Today has been predominantly silly. How could a day not be silly when you are wearing a bright orange dress covered in golden elephants. That's, like, the silliest thing I've ever heard (not really). I said the phrase "oh my goodness" more times than I can count. I also said the actual sentences, "Do you want to see my brooches?! I have photos!" I also may have said, in regards to a stray cat that wanders through our yard, "I know he's been here. I heard his meow. He's got a very distinct meow, like mrrrrOWW." The wind blew my skirt up while I was driving down the highway with the windows wide open, and I still got mildly embarrassed, even though I was the only one who saw. I got a proposition that made me blush, say "oh my goodness" and then happy panic (and almost fall out of a chair). I covered my face with my hands to hide poorly timed giggles. Then I got a migraine, which is not silly, but the sleepy pain of which probably caused me to say a few silly things. All because I wore a ridiculous dress. Well, probably not. But this dress is out of control. And I think it makes my chest look mega-huge, which may or may not be a bad thing (I'm in the "may" camp.) But it also feels like pajamas, what with the loose, flowy shape and weird pattern.

Dress: Francesca's, Shoes: Mom's, Sweater: Forever 21

june 7 6

june 7 2

june 7 1

june 7 3

june 7

june 7 5


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

9 comments:

  1. what you're saying is, this dress makes your boobs look awesome! you're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I love that print! Silly days are fun, hopefully you'll have them every time you wear that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute like all the time and that dress was made for you. Golden elephants on orange?! It's just crazy enough it works. And by crazy I mean super cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Do you want to see my brooches?! I have photos!" I loled a little.

    great dresss. silly and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous, it looks like it was made for you. I've noticed that my days frequently take on the life of the clothes I am wearing, when I can't be bothered to spend time thinking about my outfit then tend to be lazy or boring days. Maybe I should be making more effort to dress up more to have more fun days.
    Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great dress! Perfect for a silly day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw what a darling dress! i love that it has elephants on it. :D and your headband is a really pretty addition. I haven't had a day that's predominately silly... i think that needs to change...!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. If there's one thing I can't resist it's a ridiculous novelty print. Plus, I have a thing for elephants, since my grandmother was mildly obsessed with them. (She insisted that an elephant with its trunk raised in the air was good luck.) Silliness aside, I do think that the dress is a really great, different shape for you, and might that proposition have had anything to do with its *ahem* enhancement of your chest? ;) (P.S. Sorry for being the worst commenter in the history of commenters. It's time to join the ol' blog world again, methinks.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I just found your blog (via Wear Color), and I love your style! This dress is super cute. Nothing like some miniature elephants, right? I've also heard the thing about elephants with upturned trunks being good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!