Monday, April 16, 2012

Somewhere It's Always Spring

april 16 5


In writing this post, my original intention was to lament about the amount of work slowly piling up on top of me as the semester's end draws (stampedes?) closer and closer, but then I started to reflect on the past few days. I've been busy, almost to the point of tears, and in my wake have destroyed a whole tub of the most delicious hazelnut ice cream, but the weather has been so rich and warm, that I've been able to maintain a weird sense of calm. Today was not extraordinary, but it felt extraordinary just because the sunlight made everything seem a bit more promising. I sweat like that icy bottle of coke you left on the front porch for too long, I a small talked with a guy whose voice was as soft as down feathers, I walked around campus barefoot for a little while until I reached my car, I drove home with only one shoe on, I got unfortunate comments on a paper I wrote but saw the one good comment digging its way out from the negative words, I drove the same old route from home to school to home but was genuinely excited about everything becoming greener and greener. Typical, but not typical at all. This outfit is pretty typical, but that's okay.

Blouse: Nordstrom, Shorts: Levi's outlet, Shoes: Korks by Kork ease

april 16 1

april 16 6

april 16 2

april 16 3

april 16 4

april 16


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

7 comments:

  1. Can I just talk about how beautiful your writing is? "I sweat like that icy bottle of coke you left on the front porch for too long"-- seriously, that is just a spitting image and ugh your writing is just so nice to read. So easy on the mind. So gooood.

    I feel ya with the semester's close and the work piling up. It's even worse when you know there's a lot of work coming but you haven't gotten the assignments yet and you just have to WAIT for it.. ughsdhjfksdf right.

    Those cat eye sunglasses are super cute on you, and as I said on your tumblr-y post, those shorts are simply adorable on you. Hope your week gets less stressful, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that everything is going well with your schoolwork, I remember how intense the last few weeks of the semester can be. You afternoon sounds like the onset of a magical summer. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just starting to get warmer here and feel like spring. I can't believe how quickly this school year/semester has gone by. Unfortunately, I'm not responding to my large amount of work so well. I blame senioritis.

    I know you'll get through all your school crap! Also, I love the writing in this post. It was so beautiful to read. <3

    Those wedges are awesome and I need them. K bai
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalApril 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM

    I am in love with your sandals! I love all your words and sentences in this post! Seriously. It feels like something high school students would have to analyze and write an essay--what with all the similes and such ;) Love love love love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you. But summer is near!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hate summer because I hate sandals. These might be the answer to my problem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!