Thursday, April 26, 2012

Literary Criticism

april 26 4
As a writer, and English major or sorts, I'm a big fan of symbolism, and interpreting texts. It's probably because I'm currently stuck in the quick sand of knee deep in a whole bunch of great works of literature right now, so I kind of can't resist analyzing my outfit. I've been wearing a lot of pick me up pieces this week. My sassy cowboy boots have been worn a few times, and you might have seen the terrifying shark shirt I wore in my last post. My red socks in today's post symbolize both my red-hot rage at the amount of work I have to get through, my romantic misadventures, and my passionate determination to push forward. The fact that I am wearing the colors of both ketchup and mustard suggest that I am hungry. That I've rolled up my pants is symbolic of the swampy, academic waters I am currently wading through, attempting to make it to the other side without wetting my pants. I won't get into what it means that I'm wearing a shirt covered in bunnies.
Blouse: H&M, Sweater: Madewell, Jeans: Levi's, Socks: Forever 21, Shoes: Dolce Vita via Marshall's april 16 2 april 26 3 april 26 6 april 26 1 april 26
Until tomorrow, Nicole

10 comments:

  1. Oh no, I surely hope the bunny shirt + mustard sweater doesn't mean you're hungry for poor little bunnies!

    This post is awesome. I especially like your red with rage and and passion and romantic misadventures socks. Would you narrate my life? That would be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I love it! I love that you are interpreting your outfits! I like to self-interpret my dreams. I like those red socks and how you're totally sending out your emotions through 'em. Rock on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh... I wish my posts were funny like yours...!! My favorite description was of the red + yellow combo....i'm definitely hungry now after I read that.

    Also, I really LOVE the red socks. I can't explain why. I think I should try this at some point...it's so interesting and cute...!

    GOODLUCK with everything!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've never thought to put that blouse and sweater together but it looks SO GREAT! I love this outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...I think the red hot rage symbolism is my favorite part. Just a little splash of rage down at the bottom. But anyway, I really like the layering and colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romantic misadventures? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalApril 27, 2012 at 2:07 AM

    The pattern mixing is genius here! Love love love! I do think our outfits, like literature, tell a story and probably have hidden meanings with them. Now I'm curious as to the meanings behind my own outfits and what I shall choose to wear tomorrow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha love the analytic take on your outfit... assignments are driving me insane too. Super cute mustard jumper though x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish i had gotten my ass to h&m and got that blouse. i don't now why i love this so much but i do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!