Monday, October 24, 2011

Looking on the Brighter Side

DSC_0420


This weekend was, well, less than good. I won't get too into details, as I so often do, but in a nutshell, I've had to deal with some harsh words that have made me extremely sad, then angry, then sad again. I also worked a bunch this weekend and am trying to get ahead on school work in preparation for the next two weeks, which are looking to be kind of crazy town. I love my job, and I like my classes, and I'm trying very hard to look on the bright side and be happy, but there are just some times when things get hectic and sad and stressful, I guess. Hopefully I'll get to carve my pumpkin this week though (I found a cat face stencil!), and also have pumpkin lattes, because pumpkin makes everything better. Also, I got the components for my Halloween costume, which is really solely for blog world because I'm probably not going out since Halloween's on Monday, but it's cool, because I'm excited to dress up and eat peanut butter cups.

I wore this outfit to a reading at work yesterday. It was actually a really nice event, and these two wonderfully talented fiction writers (Stephanie Pintoff and Arthur Phillips, incase any of you are curious) read some excerpts from their new books. I rarely wear practical clothes to work, like this dress, which rides up incredibly easily, but despite that, I like how the outfit came together.

Dress: Tulle, Blouse: Urban Outfitters, Boots: Famous Footwear

DSC_0421

DSC_0430

DSC_0433

DSC_0432


14 comments:

  1. It always helps to look on the bright side :) and you look great! Hope things look up for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you've had to hear harsh words. That is never fun to deal with. I hope that you will feel better. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, chin up. People can be such c#&ts sometimes. You are looking exceptionally amazing today, if that helps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look super cute! Very Alexa Chung. Cheer-up, I know things are hard but if you keep on doing what you are doing, looking at the bright side, you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sorry your weekend was sucky. :( usually it's my weekdays that suck and i look to the weekends to be a bit better... but it's always crappy when they are both bad.

    on another note, i just love the styling of this dress. you look darling!

    take pics of your carved pumpkin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are darling! I love this dress, just adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had a rough weekend :( You can email me if you need to vent/talk about it, but I hope you're doing alright! In any case, you look fantastic! love that top layered underneath that dress! You make me want to wear plaid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, sorry to hear about your weekend... sending good vibes your way lady!! And yay for pumpkin carving, and this adorable outfit. I'm smitten with your dress, and the plaid shirt is SO sweet. Hope your week is off to a good start. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm going to dress up too! probably both saturday night and monday. i can't wait to see your costume. i love this dress. you're like a vintage british pirate. i think i made that up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you be any more adorable? Sorry to hear that your weekend was bad, but I hope your week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous Nicole, as always. I hope things perk up for you a bit. Being stressed is no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your opinion, Nicole! In my opinion, I agree with you that comfort is key when wearing short hems. Nothing is more awkward or unattractive than constantly tugging at your skirt. I'm sure I'll reach a point in my life when I'll eventually stop wearing short hems (like when I'm 40+) but I'm definitely not stopping now :)

    I like your dress; it looks so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit! It just says "Fall." I'm sorry about whatever was said to make you upset, you're such a sweet person! But yes, pumpkin does make everything better!

    If you wanna talk, I'm always around! :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very sorry that you had a less-than pleasant time. I'm only a tweet away if you ever need anything.

    Aside, you are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!