Thursday, February 23, 2012

Feet in the Clouds

feb 23

Yesterday was a gross day. It was one of those comically bad days when the universe makes up its mind to shoot spitballs at you until snap back and snatch the straw out of its hand. Seriously, it was ridiculous. But LUCKILY, today was exactly what I needed. After an early class, I got to hang out with my two "little brothers," family friends that I've known for years and years now. Whenever I hang out with the two of them I get to be a complete silly goober, giggling, watching youtube videos - the best. Then, I had lunch with a great friend from high school, and got to reminisce on the past and catch up on her life for a while, which was so nice. Then afterwards, I went out for coffee and some JoAnne's craft store shenanigans with my second mom (the mother of my "little brother") and goodness me, did we have a lot of laughs. I was very tempted to buy a tiny top hat that I think was designed for decorating dolls, though while in the store I used it to decorate my own head. All in all, it was a day that reminded me that, as corny as it sounds, there's a lot to be thankful for in my life, that the bad day's are just moments that remind me of the progress I've made, and that I like causing a racous in craft stores.

I found this dress in Forever 21, while I was on the way to the fitting room. There was just one, in my size, hanging out, so I took it and ended up buying it. My friend was all, "You look...colorful!" which she assured me was a compliment. Though, the dress is a little circus clowny. I can dig it though.

Dress: Forever 21, Blouse: H&M, Shoes: Ruche, Jean Jacket: Salvation Army, Necklace: Gift from Kuleigh

feb 23 2

feb 23 1

feb 23 4

feb 23 5

feb 23 3


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

15 comments:

  1. Awe, I'm glad that you had such a good day! :D I, too, had quite a wonderful day today even though it began a little stressful. Everything works out in the end, doesn't it? :)

    This is such a cute look, and I really like that dress. Isn't it awesome when you find the last of something in your size? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I'm loving the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the dress is awesome... not circus clowny at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole you look so cute! I really love the new dress, it is perfect for Spring :)

    I love days like that, when you can just be a big goof and feel good about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely don't read circus clown - I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so silly. You do not look like you are wearing a circus clown dress! I really like it. Especially with the tights. The colors are a good transition between winter and spring! And of course I love the necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totes love the colors on this dress. and i'm glad your days are turning around for the better dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy your outfit-making skills. You're making me want to break out my denim jacket! (Maybe not now at the -30 C weather we're having here...)


    bonjourgazel.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your dress & your adorable teapot necklace!! You look so pretty. It definitely does not look like a circus clown dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this dress and it's not at all circus clowny, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is so great: circus in the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalFebruary 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

    Oh Nicole, you look absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you had a day of fun after you had a rough day :) Those are the best kinda days! I love that dress! I'm going to look for it in F21 too now! It's not circus-y at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can DEFINITELY dig this dress. I was looking at a stripey vintage dress today....stripes are fun... :)

    it's always hard to think of good things in life when you are having a difficult day - but i'm glad you now realize the amount you have to be thankful! it's something i need to work on every day. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love colorful dresses! This one is great with the navy. Hanging out with people who make you happy...and making them happy...that's what life is all about in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an absolutely gorgeous dress! you look so adorbs :). it's so great when really close friends make up for such a bad day. I can't wait to have one of those days tomorrow. (and i hope your days keep looking up for you hun!)
    xoxox
    lyndsey of http://hellolyndseyyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!