Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lion Heart

april 12


Yesterday was the last day of my spring semester, the last day of my junior year. This semester had honestly been kind of run of the mill. I enjoyed my classes, sure, but I just felt like I was going through the motions most of the time. By Thursday night, when every paper was written, (mostly) every book was read, I didnt't feel relieved. I didn't feel accomplished. I didn't feel all that excited, either. I felt like I had throughout most of the semester - content, with a tinge of residual stress. Yesterday morning, though, I woke up with this good feeling that sort of enveloped me the whole day. I dropped off my books at the library, I slid a final paper under my professor's office door, and I sat outside for a little while before my english lecture started, enjoying the breezy sunlight. After class, I strolled through campus with a good friend I hadn't spoken with in a while, but was hoping I'd run into before we parted ways for the summer. I got to work and hopefully made my boss a little less bummed out. He gave me the high five I was secretly hoping someone would give me upon revealing that I had finished the semester, and turned on the old boombox we have in the office, playing the Star Wars theme song as performed by an all female accordion orchestra. I found out I had to work a lot more than I thought I would be, that night and next week, but I was happy. My mother came up to Tarrytown and we met for dinner at Horsefeathers, a cool little restaurant that has a wall of authors painted inside, including Misters Vonnegut and Poe. I ordered the "pig out burger," the second most embarrassing thing to order on the menu, and some strawberry shortcake served in a wine glass. The poetry I heard at the event that night was so good it made me want to go home and rip up everything I've written, or just try harder, write harder, better. I'm hopeful for summer. I'm excited to work and travel and sleep and eat and watch television and craft and lay in grass.

Top: Old Navy, Shorts: Levi's Outlet, Sandals: Korks by Kork-Ease

april 12 1
april 12 2
april 12 3
april 12 4
april 12 7

Hooray!

Until tomorow,
Nicole

11 comments:

  1. You look lovely and congrats on finishing up your junior year of college!!!

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I love your blog!
    You have style!
    I loved the glasses!
    The plaid shirt is also beautiful!
    Kisses from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this look a lot. <3 you look awesome in shorts, girl. also i'm so excited that we are going to see each other again (if all goes well) and hooray for the end of the semester for you!! you should feel accomplished. :) it's going to be a great summer!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalMay 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

    Ugh this makes me need/want for a gingham shirt for this Summer that much more urgent! You look adorable! Congrats on finishing the school year! *high five* :) I want to try out this "pig out burger!" Sounds like my kinda burger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing, even if you're feeling a bit numb about it. Sounds like you've got some pretty perfect summer activities lined up.
    And that gingham shirt is so perfect for an "I'm perfect stylish without trying" look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing up! I've still got two little papers staring at me in order to finish up my first year of grad school, and I've been feeling much the same way (minus the sudden good feeling wake-up). Perhaps that will come on Wednesday when I have to be done. :)

    feathersandbirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I feel like semesters are just like that--there's no big "Ahh, I'm done!" or it doesn't really feel as if the semester was that intense. But hey, maybe that means you enjoyed it.. somewhat.. maybe? :D

    Anyway, congrats that you're finished! I'm glad you got high fived and celebrated with this pigging out burger that sounds rather amazing (feel no shame, my friend!! >:D you deserved it!).

    That top on you is too cute. It reminds me of graph paper in a totally awesome way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing the semester! I like this post, it is such a nice description of your day. All of those things you want to do this summer sound great, come to New Hampshire and do them with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOMEONE IS CUTE. CUTE CUTE CUTE. I WOULD WEAR THIS YOU'RE SO CUTE. i turned that into a song in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would always be considered your own student loans people strategies by identifying the overall size of the
    company. New promotion appeals alone may not be relevant information to the viewers, without being too prosaic.
    Also consider what secondary competitors exist those businesses competing for the same thing
    with a slight twist. You can build a message around one of the most responsive
    email subject lines and tailor all of your programs.


    My site: Student Loan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!