Monday, May 21, 2012

Gruyere Girl

may 21 2
Things around here have been quite lazy lately. This weekend was spent doing a little bit of shopping, a little bit of hanging out, a little bit (a lot bit) of Doctor Who watching, and a little bit (a lot bit) of eating. I was planning on seeing a friend today, but when that fell through, I stood in bed for an extra hour listening to the rain rapping at my window. Let's all take a moment to reflect on how awesome rainy mornings are. Okay, good. Something about the stormy weather awakened the urge within me to cook. That and the fact that I've been reading Julia Child's My Life in France, which is all around delicious. So, I got dressed and headed to Fairway to do some grocery shopping. I have an irrational like of grocery shopping at that store by myself. It's nice to be able to stroll through rows of fresh fruit and vegetables, ogle cased pastries, and attempt to pronounce foods in the many international aisles without anyone around to rush you. Or judge you. I ended up baking a savory bread pudding, with bacon and gruyere and arugula. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. So good that I ate too much of it. And smell like bacon and gruyere. The signs of a good meal?

Dress Forever 21, Sweater: Urban Outfitters, Boots: Vintage

may 21 1

may 21 4

may 21 5

may 21 3

may 21 6

may 21 7

(Bread pudding, not me)


Until tomorrow,
Nicole

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! That sounds like a lovely morning indeed. Rainy days are the best for things like cooking and lazing around, 'cause nobody can tell you, "Hey! It's a beautiful day outside, get out there!" That bread pudding looks way delicious and creamy, and I could probably eat it all in one sitting. Easily. ;D

    The triangle print on your dress is too cute! I love triangles. Triangles are by far the coolest shape, though hexagons run a close second. That sweater looks absolutely cozy, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread pudding looks delicious and your outfit is delightful ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like going out to buy ingredients
    and prepare special meals!
    I really enjoy when I go to the supermarket!
    Wow, it was beautiful your bread pudding!
    Please post the recipe!
    Vistar I invite you to my blogs!
    Kisses and a great week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread pudding looks so yummy. Also, I really love your vintage boots! Cute outfit

    xo
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmine, Transient WithdrawalMay 22, 2012 at 2:28 AM

    Love that dress! The print is so cute! This neutral palette is so up my alley right now!! And it sounds like you had a lovely weekend and day! Those relaxing, slow days are so nice after a hectic period of time. So glad you're able to have days like that :) You look amazing and so does that pudding (even though I hate bacon!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, recipe? (And I never ask for recipes because I usually don't care but that looks really good and kind of easy)...

    Also, love the easy look. Headscarves are the best summer accessory...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Life in France is probably one of my favorite books. Julia and Paul's love story is just so beautiful. Also, when I worked at a used book shop I was able to identify a first edition/first printing of her second cookbook due to some information she describes in My Life in France.
    And cute booties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I need....yes, I mean it...I really need the recipe for that! Bread, cheese, bacon - please send that my way Nicole! I think rainy days are the best for making carb and fat loaded recipes like this - and then indulging. Enough said.

    The little print on your skirt is so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!