Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What to Wear





I don't think that casual Mondays are a thing in practice, but yesterday was a casual Monday. I went tromping around a cemetery - that sounds really bad now that I read it back, like I was kicking things, which I wasn't - which you'll see pictures of in due time. I've been in sort of a style rut for a while now, in that I really just don't know what I want to wear most of the time, so I just keep wearing the same clothes over and over. This felt like a problem, you know, like I was refusing to eat anything but cookies, but in the visual clothing sense. Then I read this post by Kallie of Happy, Honey & Lark, and started to think that maybe this is actually the beginning of my real, adult wardrobe - which is cool, and also kind of daunting. Maybe it's less of a crisis and more of an "I like what I like" situation. Right now, it's looking like a ton of stripes, a ton of jeans, and a ton of stuff from the Madewell sale section. I haven't taken a lot of outfit photos lately for a ton of reasons - laziness, pudge-liness, coldliness - one of them being that I don't know what I'm doing clothes-wise some of the time. This outfit felt very casual and very me and made me feel good, and the lighting was decent, and it wasn't tundra weather, so I decided to take some photos.

A lot of things have been changing lately, and a lot has been going on - a lot of good things, and exciting things, and gut-churning things, and I'm looking forward to seeing how my style (ani-) morphs along with everything else. And look, you can see our backyard a little bit. We're hoping to plant some sort of garden this spring. Right now, there are potted tulips dying on the steps leading up to it, though, so we'll see how that goes.


Shirt, Cardigan: Madewell / Jeans: Gap / Sneakers: Keds / Hat: Asos / Purse: Fossil




4 comments:

  1. So glad to see an outfit post from you! As we have similar body types, it's nice to see what you're wearing for some ideas on what I should be wearing! I feel like this "rut" is happening to me as well. I've been having major clear outs of clothes and shoes lately. When I moved as actually saw how much clothing I had amassed, I was slightly disgusted with myself! haha Now I am leaning towards basics that all work together without being fussy. You look great and I hope more outfit posts are coming our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's always interesting how a wardrobe can directly reflect life changes. It's one of the very things I like about fashion - a crappy outfit for a crappy day, a sparkly shirt for a fantastic day.
    I wish you the best of luck on your new adventures both sartorially and in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute ensemble! I work in a hat shop and love your little bowler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cardigan!


    arrowbowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for taking some time to comment on my blog!